With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Chronicle X Update- Chapter 18!

I come from the net
    Odd? Yeah it does. They just left Patamon's evo line with X antibody out and gave us... Pegasmon X plus Tokomon X's official art while managed to complete Tailmon's whole evo line with Xs (No Mastemon X yet)... We finally got Great ArchAngels but nooo. Seraphimon X didn't happen. It only made me always wondered why just Pegasmon X whose is only the newest X Armor one not Patamon's which just fit X3's color perfectly and he's a member of Great Archangel... It saddened me this X3 is the last trilogy.

I could never understand them and their decisions in behind scenes. I mean, it's just too perfect chance to give us X forms of SGDL, Royal Knights and Great Archangels at once so we can finally move on to Olympus twelve, Banchou, Journey to the West, Deva, Holy Beasts and Vortex Warriors!

But Digimon Anniversary is still going on so I'm still happy they probably will continue it who knows how long it takes years to finish this anniversary? The future will bless us with more new products!

Ain't got no mojo...
    I like the throwback to the friendship of Tailmon and Wizarmon from Adventure.

Add Notus on DeviantArt
    The Adventure homage is pretty nice. I like how Angewomon X's design incorporates some religious aspects to her and gave the Holy Bow and Arrow a physical form, it only needs a weapon name now.

Looking at Angewomon X, I kinda hope Ophanimon X will look like this:

Last edited by kintang; 10-02-2019 at 07:33 AM.

I come from the net
    I wonder where is this come from? That's awesome design.

Cleaned up the translation.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    The reuse of the Tailmon–Wizarmon relationship in ×ros Wars was already pretty blatant fan service, but at least that 1) was the first time they rehashed it, 2) didn’t involve VamDemon, and 3) had the justification of being alternate-timeline versions of the original characters rather than just being blithely coincidental. This is just hacky.

Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    I do like Angewomon's mitre-mask, and how her clothing seems to be based on religious priest/bishop clothing.
    I guess Bandai’s heard of the Amazon Synod, KEK. But unlike Holy Angemon’s distinctively pointed face plate, her hat really doesn’t resemble the mitre so much as the generic cylindrical headgear of any magic user in an MMO anime — some of which look considerably more like an actual mitre — and her clothing is the same, not bearing any resemblance to actual clerical vestments (again, unlike Holy Angemon’s).

But it is a good design, notwithstanding. I like very much that it has resuscitated a tradition in X-antibody designs that had previously appeared discarded, namely: presenting the Xevolution as a sort of half-evolution that begins to resemble the digimon’s next form — in this case, Ophanimon. Note the more defined cross on her mask, the apparent transformation of her sash into metal wings, the plume emerging from her head, the golden bow, the oversized mantle, the gossamer gown protruding from beneath a stiffer layer of skirts. The incorporation of pastels into her wings is a nice callback to her original design too, and the choice of blue and green for two of them may also be an allusion to Ophanimon’s colour scheme, though perhaps not. And she follows the trend of modern Xevolutions in fantastically elaborating upon the original concept, in this case the wing and feather imagery that is now more clearly evident in her now-metallic sash (which also forms a cleverly disguised ‘X’ shape) and even the fringes of her clothing. Really, a very well-done design.

Wizarmon X is kind of what I’d imagine Wizarmon X to be. Points for turning his hand-hole into an ‘X’, and disguising another one as a set of eyes on his left leg, parallel to the eyes on the right leg in the original design.
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 10-02-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Add Notus on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    I wonder where is this come from? That's awesome design.
    That's Minerva form Crisis Core FF7, the superboss of the game.

I come from the net
    Thanks Zeus Thrist that's quite heavy equipment for her. Her shoulders will get so stiff.

Hey Wizarmon X's larger pic arrived at twitter.

He got five X shaped ones. Not sure what I am seeing but that eyepatch got stitches into its flesh? Haven't seen that such old tradition for sooo long time!
    I hope the official profile will mention about that red book. Nice Yusei Marking on his eye which I thought X antibody oddly gave him eye bags
    Glad the staff ended up being the part of its clothes. Look like all wands and staffs aren't needed in X eh? Poor Panjyamon X.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    I guess Bandai’s heard of the Amazon Synod, KEK. But unlike Holy Angemon’s distinctively pointed face plate, her hat really doesn’t resemble the mitre so much as the generic cylindrical headgear of any magic user in an MMO anime — some of which look considerably more like an actual mitre — and her clothing is the same, not bearing any resemblance to actual clerical vestments (again, unlike Holy Angemon’s).
    I never said her clothing were historically accurate to real priests, if it wasn't already obvious from how most of it looks like lingerie. I also don't see the need to over-analyze and nitpick how historically accurate a Digimon's design is, as everything is meant to be fantasy and fictional. It's enough to know the overall intent and theme. Dukemon's armor is clearly unrealistic and inaccurate towards actual medieval knight's armor, but it's obviously meant to be a knight's armor.

Regardless of whether it's closer to fantasy-style saintess robes or realistic Catholic priestwear, it's undeniable that the intent is clearly meant to evoke holy garments.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast