With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's the 3rd Anniversary of Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters!

An underrated gem! I can't believe it's been 3 years already. Still feels like it's pretty new! Hoping it gets a dub son with the increased interest in digimon in the west, although it may be too different from the current English brand of digimon to be worth dubbing

I really hope Appmon coexist alongside traditional Digimon in future projects, I don't want to drop them as a concept.
    That being said, I only have a passing knowledge of Appmon at all from reading Wikimon. I would love to watch the show but alongside other series like Savers, I don't know where to legally view it

I really enjoyed Appmon. Fun characters and a nice take on the Digital aspect, using apps this time.

And it even managed to use the center of the universe in its show!

Ain't got no mojo...
    I would kill for a sequel to Appli Monsters! Just give us a proper and closed ending this time XD

I come from the net
    I thought it was fun. Shame we didn't get a girl Appmon partner but Ai wasn't a partner, she was just the other girl. This might work dubbed. Just put it on Disney XD. ...That would be if they still aired Yokai Watch. That would be fun. All 3 on the same network. ...Plus two other anime.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bearmon View Post
    Digimon is simply dead in the west.

You should contact Bandai and Toei with this deep knowledgeable information of yours.

They had 2 producers flown out to California to talk to fans about upcoming stuff recently. Clearly if the franchise is dead in the west that was a mistake and they should be informed.
    Bearmon youíre confusing two different things. A dead franchise is one that cannot be revived: public interest has dipped to a level that could no longer financially support a revival. DIGIMON is something else: a franchise that still attracts considerable public interest, but which has repeatedly failed to fan those embers into a bonfire, thanks to a cavalcade of thoroughly mediocre media offerings. Note how high public interest was leading up to Tri, and then how it deflated, like a whoopee cushion, in time with the protracted flatulent noise that was that seriesí plot. Appmon is another great example: we were all Ďhere for ití, and very enthusiastic about some of the new ideas it briefly explored, but then it just spun its wheels for most of fifty episodes. It absolutely could have helped launch DIGIMON into a silver age if it had actually developed those (very interesting!) concepts into a story that actually filled a year-long narrative ó it just didnít.

As GoC mentions, the execs know they have something. They know thereís a market here. Yet the franchise continues to languish in semi-relevance at best. Thereís no other way to square this circle.
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 10-01-2019 at 10:45 PM.

I think this is an official localization I want more than Mother 3.
    Not saying I don't want Mother 3 it to be localized, just saying.

Honestly Appmon became my favorite Digimon anime, tamers and frontier are still my top Digimon Digimon series

At this point Iím ok with appmon not getting a dub, but it and hunters should have officially released subbed dvds at least,
    and has there been any news about the digivolving spirits figures or has the flame just gone out?, same with a possible frontier battle spirits card set

There technically is an official sub for Hunters, but that's within Crunchyroll. Not a DVD release, but still...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12