With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's the 3rd Anniversary of Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters!

It's the 3rd Anniversary of Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters!

Time for another anniversary!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Based on where you are in the world, there is a decent chance it's still September, but it's the 1st of October in Japan and a number of other places, which means it's 3 years since AppliMonsters premiered! (September 30th, where it still is for a lot of people, is actually the day Appmon ended 2 years ago, the same day tri. Part 5 premiered.)

Appmon premiered partway thru tri., which means it was the first time (and thus far only time) we had completely different pieces of Digimon animation running concurrently. (Not to mention Appmon having 2 manga running thru the run of the anime.)

Since tri. was bringing back older characters, Appmon went and did something new, which was not only start over entirely, but have the monsters be fresh, with only a handful of more direct appearances (a new version of Hackmon being a major character, and a late cameo from Agumon, among a handful of monsters with familiar appearances.)

Appmon more directly than most of Digimon had the idea of AI front and forward from beginning to end, along with a range of interesting characters that people quickly grew to like. It also did a pretty good job at making sure all the main characters got decent weighting for their own stories.

On top of that we got a selection of new music that fit in with the franchise well, while not always being what was expected.

So far Appmon is still the newest TV series for Digimon, and hasn't come out in the west yet, but we will see what happens...
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    I really enjoyed Appli monsters!! its animation looked really good. Leviathan ranks as one of the most intelligent villains in Digimon anime I'm glad to watched it right to the end

Appli Monsters was the first Digimon show that I got to watch as it aired from start to finish! I really enjoyed it, from its rock solid cast to its quirky humor. It probably has my favorite ending of any Digimon show too. Maybe one day we’ll see Appli Monsters 02!

Despite the chunks of the series that felt like dead space, and despite the limited numbers of higher level Applimon, I ended up really enjoying the series as a whole. Globemon’s debut ranks as one of my favorite evolutions in the franchise.

I really need to find a way to watch this.

Red shirt
    Yeah.. Appmon is never getting a dub. It's just been too long since it aired in Japan. For instance the savers and Xros wars dub aired only a year after the Japanese version finished. So because it's been 2 years since it ended, it's too late to get a dub. Mix that with the massive failure of the Xros wars dub and you wonder why we never got hunters or Appmon here dubbed. It was a miracle tri was dubbed. Digimon is simply dead in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by bearmon View Post
    Digimon is simply dead in the west.

You should contact Bandai and Toei with this deep knowledgeable information of yours.

They had 2 producers flown out to California to talk to fans about upcoming stuff recently. Clearly if the franchise is dead in the west that was a mistake and they should be informed.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm a Maniac
    I really wish they'd either do an Appmon follow-up (with more Level 3s and 4s as noted above) or incorporate the Appmon into the rest of the franchise like they eventually did with the X-Antibodies.

I'm still slightly annoyed that with all of the bonus eggs in the six revival V-pets not a single one of them had a Gatchmon egg and that the Appmon aren't in the Digimon Story franchise despite having 3D models for all of them.

Especially since a lot of the Standard Grade Appmon look to be designed to be Child Levels of existing Digimon like Pteranomon, Locomon, Venusmon, Clockmon, Wisemon et al.

Red shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bearmon View Post
    Digimon is simply dead in the west.

You should contact Bandai and Toei with this deep knowledgeable information of yours.

They had 2 producers flown out to California to talk to fans about upcoming stuff recently. Clearly if the franchise is dead in the west that was a mistake and they should be informed.
    What a waste of airfares. The fanbase is too small to do that stuff.

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    @bearmon

Between the popularity of the Cyber Sleuth Series, and localization of all other major titles over the last few years; the popularity and success of the Ver 20th's at Gamestop and the subsequent online communities excitement over them; and the continuous merchandise and licenses (Domez, keychain, Funko Pop figures); I'm not sure you're representing the current state of the Western fandom.

Suffice to say, that tens of thousands of dollars in market research is likely to provide more accurate results than whatever conjecture you might have. Let's leave it to the execs, shall we?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast