With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon media lost to western fans

Red shirt

Digimon media lost to western fans

As the title suggests is there Digimon media in which the western fan base has almost no clue existed. For instance the thread "manga predating V-Tamer" by user G=SANtos found lots of niche, undiscovered mini manga in a few Digimon guide books, and with things like Digimon Legendary Skies and Battle!! Digital Monsters Manhua, it got me thinking; are there guide books and niche comics and stuff like that that the fandom doesn't know exists? I know that question is a bit of a paradox, because if you don't know something exists, how could you know it exists. Or has every bit of Digimon media been documented by the fanbase?

Quote Originally Posted by bearmon View Post
    As the title suggests is there Digimon media in which the western fan base has almost no clue existed. For instance the thread "manga predating V-Tamer" by user G=SANtos found lots of niche, undiscovered mini manga in a few Digimon guide books, and with things like Digimon Legendary Skies and Battle!! Digital Monsters Manhua, it got me thinking; are there guide books and niche comics and stuff like that that the fandom doesn't know exists? I know that question is a bit of a paradox, because if you don't know something exists, how could you know it exists. Or has every bit of Digimon media been documented by the fanbase?
    Not many people know anything outside Adventure and Tamers exist. And it's not like Toei and Bandai haven't been trying. Since the failure of Digimon Fusion no Western studio wants to pick up anything Digimon related that's original. And Adventure Tri has almost completely killed any Digimon return at all to the Western World. I think it will take either a live action movie or a series of American produced graphic novels to revive interest into the brand in here in the West.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman91 View Post
    Adventure Tri has almost completely killed any Digimon return at all to the Western World.
    A bold claim, considering Kizuna's Western release has already been confirmed.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman91 View Post
    Adventure Tri has almost completely killed any Digimon return at all to the Western World.
    A bold claim, considering Kizuna's Western release has already been confirmed.
    I was so upset when Cyber Sleuth, Next Order, Hacker's Memory, Links, ReArise, the Digivolving Spirits, and the DM20 all skipped the west. And how dare they say they're not bringing over Survive, as well.

I come from the net
    ? Didn't Cyber Sleuth series, Next Order, Linkz, and ReArise got English version?

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    Hes being sarcastic

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    ...Actually on topic, I don't think there's anything known that's as obscure as the things bearmon mentioned in the original post. There could always be more out there, especially given all the different localizations. And even things in English, like the comics, aren't really documented.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    Ah...! Okay then.

Digimon media lost to western. Hmm Digimon Fusion card series supposed to bring the next new series so what happened? I forgot the title.

Cyber Sleuth series, Switch version will boost its popularity at least but still Pokemon have strongest interests on Switch everyone most likely will attention to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Ah...! Okay then.

Digimon media lost to western. Hmm Digimon Fusion card series supposed to bring the next new series so what happened? I forgot the title.

Cyber Sleuth series, Switch version will boost its popularity at least but still Pokemon have strongest interests on Switch everyone most likely will attention to this...
    Depends on how much Sword and Shield won't sour some fans' perspective on the series after release. But as for Digimon, I do have hopes that Survive and--to a lesser extent--Cyber Sleuth will do at least fairly decent on the Switch (but I expect PC sales to dominate unless we get into a Ubisoft situation).

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    With lost media, I really wish someone could get their hands on those UK exclusive comics that expanded on the anime and did a sequel to 02 in which Dragomon and MetalEtemon return, it seems to be something that no one on the internet really has access to and isn't documented

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast