With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon media lost to western fans

That might be your opinion, but it's still missing the point of the topic.
    The opening post very clearly assumes a much higher degree of obscurity.

Red shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenrji View Post
    In terms of what didn't come to the west generally, it's mostly the V-Pet toys, a handful of games, a few movies, and of course mangas. Not much really missing, if you are only looking into the mainline Digimon stuff. Although, Reigitize and it's 3DS sequel are probably worth the mention. Or maybe that PSP remake of Adventure. I guess there's still some, but not too much?

But for what's recent, so far Appmon hadn't been localized, as of yet? That's a complete anime series, one game, and a manga series, also featuring its own exclusive monsters. As of now, there's not even an official Crunchyroll sub.
    But none of those things are actually lost, plenty of Western fans have seen and played all of it even without an official release, or are at least aware of it.
    A loss doesn't mean Westerners have zero access to them. It means it's not available in the mainstream and rare in the niche markets. It's something you have to hunt for if you know what you are looking for. It would require importing the products you want on a site that probably isn't even available in English or any Western language.
    Yeah, that's not what i was talking about when i made this thread. As i have said before, fans can import the games, manga, v-pets ect. There fan translations of REigitize and a few other games, most of the manga have fan translations. Things like those mini-manga that came with V-pet guidebooks, and Battle! digital monsters manwha. That stuff is so obscure that not many fans know of.

I come from the net
    Digimon Cyber Sleuth series appeared in Switch version. Digimon Universe Appmon got dub. And Digimon twitters are continuing to update. But I think it will not reach the most people in the western because Digimon anime seasons are really matters plus people are still unaware of "fanbase" who have the power to carry the most knowledge to spread over all the internet like Serebii for Pokemon, Withthewill/Digimon twitter for Digimon, Monster Hunter reddit/wiki for Monster Hunter, etc.... I'm sure we digimon fans will do something to support Digimon for more awareness like making fanmade parody animation videos or something like that.

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    Memes are always a good way to spread the message.

I come from the net
    Mwha haha ha. True but there are barely any original Digimon memes. And having Digimon memes on people will slip over them...
    Memes are simply dried up too fast. Just try... Something that can make them curious enough to take a peek then baam there you have it, fully devoted Digimon fans. So what does Digimon need to get people so fascinated, absorbed and totally fell in love even goes too far to be simply devoted to one, few or many things?
    For example, few Digimon fans revealed they are actually disliked real life insects yet so fascinated from simply designs of Insect types? Absolute destructive power lifeforms? Cuteness is Justice? What does it caused the most Digimon fans split into two factions: Ofanimon or Holydramon yet there is third faction that accepts both then fourth faction only gets to be pretty... Selective! Is it mature genre or grimdark and edginess? Think outside... Of Portal. What's the best way to cause them to get so fascinated in the first place?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I don't see what any of this has to do with the topic. Get back on point.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    Okay. Does Digimon reddit and Digimon Twitter count as "Digimon media lost to western"? Mostly "wanderers". I mean they does know Digimon but not enough awareness of Digimon knowledge in the internet "library" although they own laptops, computers or smartphones. Mostly comments often say I didn't know this digimon despite reddit/twitter raising the awareness. Even being often told of go to Digimon wiki despite it's completely front in them...

Other question, I'd like to have this "Digimon media lost to western" into a new section at Wikimon. You know, it's easy to put english/global versions / japanese version in release dates: Virtual pets to PS4 games, figure toys, etc

With a glance, I can rest easy browsing around. Or there is already existing section I'm unaware of?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Since, as we've seen in this thread, there are widely divergent opinions of what counts as "lost media," there's little point in having a section for it on Wikimon. Eventually people would just include everything that's not the original Adventure.

Digimon stuff on Reddit and Twitter doesn't count as lost Digimon media because it's not really Digimon media. It's just random people on the internet discussing the franchise. With the exception of the various official Twitter accounts, it's not part of the franchise itself.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Eventually people would just include everything that's not the original Adventure.
    Ah ehh I see, that's true...

Depends on what level of obscurity we are talking but I would say all of the wonder swan games and handheld games released in the 2000ís that were never translated are now really obscure. Iím not even sure if they are available in Japan anywhere anymore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast