With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Story short- The Coveted Jogress Evolution- Storyboard & Synopsis

Memorial Story short- The Coveted Jogress Evolution- Storyboard & Synopsis

Preview time!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon Adventure Twitter put up another preview of a Memorial Short, this time from the fourth one, 'The Coveted Jogress Evolution'.

First up is the storyboard image above, which as you can see features Piyomon and Palmon.

Then a translation of the text in the tweet.

Piyomon and Palmon are amazed by Silphymon's training.

"I'm sure it'd be nice if we could Jogress evolve!"

"It'd make Mimi happy!"

The 2 of them begin to swell up with longing!

Last up is the text in the storyboard

ACTION: Piyomon's excitement grows
    DIALOGUE: (Piyomon) "Mmm, I want to try Jogress-evolving after all!"

ACTION: Palmon turns to Piyomon --- Palmon nods in agreement
    DIALOGUE: (Palmon) "Hey! Let's try it!" --- (Piyomon) "Oh! Okay...!"

So it appears this one might not have the characters most people saw as the obvious choice, and might even be comical.

The preview of the first Memorial Story short, To Sora, can be found here.
    The preview of the second short, Medical Student, Jou Kido, can be found here.

Thanks to onkei for the storyboard text.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    So it appears this one might not have the characters most people saw as the obvious choice, and might even be comical.
    Yeah.

I suspected that this was not going to be about 02 kids (and I suspect Silphymon won't appear on-screen), but I still expected characters more related to the jogress.

I was really surprised this one focus on Piyomon and Palmon. I mean "To Sora" seems to focus on Sora and Mimi.
    Last edited by Kon; 09-24-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    People were speculating in that podcast about this being "obviously" about Davis and Ken and I was like why would they long for jogress when they already have one! Clearly this was about two that didnt have a jogress evolution. Reminds me of that fanmade Rosemon x Phoenixmon jogress:

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandil7 View Post
    People were speculating in that podcast about this being "obviously" about Davis and Ken and I was like why would they long for jogress when they already have one! Clearly this was about two that didnt have a jogress evolution. Reminds me of that fanmade Rosemon x Phoenixmon jogress:
    LadyOmnimon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    LadyOmnimon?
    Another Omegamon (clone)

based on explanation that this storyboards are to explore plots that are not gonna fitted to the Movie. It could be Sora, Mimi and Joe will not have that much exposure on the Movie.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandil7 View Post
    Those knee caps on the left one though lol. Pretty cool but I am not sure what purpose a female Omegamon would fill other than fan service. I would like to see their jogress as something a bit more unique.

I come from the net
    We do need more female jogresses. Surprised to see how Palmon and Piyomon wish for their jogress. But it's probably another wishy wishy just like in 02, all 02 partners dreamt of their "Jogresses".....

Mastemon, Rafflesimon, and Ordinemon! But how come Ofanimon and Rasielmon never got a jogress for being the good version of Ordinemon?

I come from the net The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    We do need more female jogresses. Surprised to see how Palmon and Piyomon wish for their jogress. But it's probably another wishy wishy just like in 02, all 02 partners dreamt of their "Jogresses".....

Mastemon, Rafflesimon, and Ordinemon! But how come Ofanimon and Rasielmon never got a jogress for being the good version of Ordinemon?
    No reason for one in-universe, I guess. Magnadramon is Kari's Gatomon's Mega form, not Ophanimon - so even if Meicoomon had reached Rasielmon, there would be no Ophanimon for her to DNA Digivolve with.
    This is just a note to say that I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Annoyingly, I was never told whether it was 'just' high-functioning autism, or Asperger's syndrome), so if I don't make sense, or am incoherent, please ask what it is I mean politely. Thank you~

I think the most notable thing mentioned is that Silphymon is (or just was) training around them. Meaning Kari and Yolei are maybe going to cameo here. These shorts have a short runtime of course, so I doubt we'd see a full evolution sequence for that, though.

I've been hoping we get canon evolutions to Silphymon and Shakkoumon even if neither of them are actually relevant to the plot, so the fact that they're at least not ignoring Silphymon is nice. If Kari and Tailmon are willing to go with Jogress over evolving to Holydramon on their own, then maybe Valkyrimon is not far behind in either this short, a different one, or the movie itself. Still, doing that for "training" doesn't mean we will see them do it again anywhere, so I'll keep my expectations in check.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast