With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Leadup to Kizuna Week 8- Laid-Back Camp

Leadup to Kizuna Week 8- Laid-Back Camp

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime and Voltron were more exciting type shows, so this time we have something a bit calmer...

Laid-Back Camp!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Nothing really content wise to be worried about in this one.

The series can be watched on the following officially for free:
    Subbed on Crunchyroll

For this one we'll do all of season 1, 12 episodes. There is some live action tie in material, but more animated content is coming soon for the series.

Laid-Back Camp is a very fun and pleasant show that's simply relaxing to watch. It's something that's easy to recharge your batteries and destress with.

Rin likes to camp alone to enjoy the solitude and the general mood of campsites, and after meeting Nadeshiko (who got lost, doesn't have supplies, or her phone...), and later realizes they go to the same school. On top of that, Nadeshiko joins the Outdoor Activities Circle at their school, and ends up camping with members Chiaki and Aoi.

It's a show that's easy to have fun with.

As for Digimon connections... there's a couple of decent ones (a number of smaller ones include Laid-Back Camp actors having bit parts in Digimon roles), but we'll just go over the couple of larger ones:

Rie Takahashi played Tutomon, Pipomon and Erena in Appmon, and also did some singing as Erena. She's also Michi in ReArise. In Laid-Back Camp she plays Rin's friend Ena.
    Marina Inoue played Tagiru in Hunters. In Laid-Back Camp she's Nadeshiko's older sister Sakura.

I've embedded episode 1 of the series as a preview.

Feel free to post as you wish in this thread. You can post as you are watching, episode by episode, when you finish. Whatever you want. Try and give it a couple days for later spoilers so people have time to try and view stuff without spoilers, while still interacting in the thread (especially if you decide to keep watching past the episode listed as the last one for the leadup.) If you watch one episode and it isn't for you, pop in to explain why. Have fun with it!

A new show/movie will go up each Sunday night (or early on Monday), but feel free to keep talking about older shows in their threads, or even watching past the listed episode.

If you want to chat in the Discord you can.

Hopefully you enjoy. Feel free to make any suggestions or ask an questions regarding the threads or the shows also.

Prior Leadups:
    Final Leadup to tri.- Gundam Unicorn (with index of tri. Leadup)
    Leadup to Kizuna Week 1- Gundam Build Fighters
    Week 2- Kimagure Orange Road
    Week 3 (and 4)- Lupin the 3rd Part 4
    Week 4 Movie- Redline
    Week 5- Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
    Week 6- Voltron
    Week 7 (Devkyu Guest Slot!)- That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Crunchyroll's summer lineup was sorely lacking in the slice-of-life department (at least in terms of what grabbed my attention) and I've been needing an excuse to rewatch Laid-Back Camp.

Even if you're not particularly interested in the subject matter, there's almost nothing better to unwind to.

Banned
    I like Voltron.

I come from the net
    Oh yeah. This was a cute simple show. I think it even got some people to try camping.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    I've been a little under the weather this week and watching this again has been an absolute joy.

When it first aired I was more interested in Rin's solo camping adventures than the other stuff happening on the show, but then I'm an introvert so I find her more relatable as a character. This time around I've also come to appreciate the antics of She-Kirby Nadeshiko and the Outdoor Activities Club. It's just a cute and fun show all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    I think it even got some people to try camping.
    Apparently the number of visitors to the places featured tripled after this aired!
    Last edited by wildwing64; 09-26-2019 at 08:51 AM.

I come from the net
    Yeah. I guess the only way to get people(anime fans/otaku) to do anything is to have a cute girl do it. Look at the dumbell anime.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Finished watching it last night. On the whole I liked it. There were a few places where it was a little too laid-back for my taste - scenes where the characters just sort of sat around and did nothing just long enough for me to get a little bored. At other times I felt like I was attending a home ec. class (or watching the Food Network; recent Japanese media has a weird obsession with that kind of thing), but that didn't detract much from it. Some of the jokes were very good, and on the whole it was a cute and entertaining. I liked the characters, and how Rin was gradually persuaded to be a little more sociable... although something about Aoi's character design vaguely bugged me (what's up with her mouth? are those her eyebrows? why are they on top of her hat?). Incidentally, I also went ahead and watched the three brief specials, the longest of which was unexpectedly disturbing at times. I assume that it was all just a dream on the part of the one girl (can't remember her name), but still. I lol'd hard at the pilot cursing in English. I'm going to continue following the series as new entries are released.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net