With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Chronicle X Update- Chapter 17!

I dont mind the idea of Examon X but I just dont like how he looks. The concept reminds me of Imperialdramon Dragon to Fighter mode, and how the X Antibody did that for GrandisKuwagamon.

Hououmon X is amazing. It looks like Osama Tezuka's Phoenix. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Phoenix_(manga)_volume_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    I think RiseGreymon and OmegaShoutmon were selected to have X forms because they gave X forms to each main digimon partners in each seasons like that Trio tamer partners. But still I agree. Why Perfects to lead the army? Maybe due to X-Program, so this world barely have few Ultimates excluding special groups?
    I think you're right although its possible this is the case for the old Digital World too. Its actually mentioned on MetalPiranimon's profile.

https://wikimon.net/Metal_Piranimon

"Though it is said that the number of Digimon who have become Ultimates is extremely small, there are schools of Metal Piranimon..."
    Last edited by flintlock; 09-20-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Oh man, they really messed up on Examon X. It's design looks more like something I feel would fit Slayerdramon better. Since you know. That one actually has a sword and similar colourscheme in its armour. Hououhmon is gorgeous though.

RizeGreymon is dope, but... WHERE IS SAINTGALGOMON X.

ALso, kinda weird Rapidmon X is apparently treated as Ultimate (?) instead of a Perfect.
    Last edited by DragonicEmperor; 09-20-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonicEmperor View Post
    Oh man, they really messed up on Examon X. It's design looks more like something I feel would fit Slayerdramon better. Since you know. That one actually has a sword and similar colourscheme in its armour. Hououhmon is gorgeous though.

RizeGreymon is dope, but... WHERE IS SAINTGALGOMON X.

ALso, kinda weird Rapidmon X is apparently treated as Ultimate (?) instead of a Perfect.
    It usually is treated as equal to Mega. Its profile says being from the golden egg makes it Mega power, and its a Mega equal in CS/HM

I come from the net
    Ah you are right it's 12 Holy Rings. I was too staring at her feminine body too long to admire its beauty. Heh

Yup Houhoumon X's design really was inspired from this Phoenix manga with... Anime 90s' "Pretty Face".

I do think Examon X's main body might be gotten too huge while the huge wings remain unchanged at same size maybe? If that's what it look like to me.

Terriermon X > Siesamon X > ? > Rapidmon (Golden) X : Who is that placeholder for the Perfect...?

Lopmon X > ? > Monzaemon X > Cherubimon (Virtue) X : I think Monzaemon X may fit this Or Angewomon X since Plotmon X isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Ah you are right it's 12 Holy Rings. I was too staring at her feminine body too long to admire its beauty. Heh

Yup Houhoumon X's design really was inspired from this Phoenix manga with... Anime 90s' "Pretty Face".

I do think Examon X's main body might be gotten too huge while the huge wings remain unchanged at same size maybe? If that's what it look like to me.

Terriermon X > Siesamon X > ? > Rapidmon (Golden) X : Who is that placeholder for the Perfect...?

Lopmon X > ? > Monzaemon X > Cherubimon (Virtue) X : I think Monzaemon X may fit this Or Angewomon X since Plotmon X isn't there.
    I saw pointed out somewhere that the perfect is OmegaShoutmon/OmegaShoutmon X apparently.

I'm a Maniac
    Looks like Pegasmon X is Lopmon Xs default Adult form.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandil7 View Post
    I really like Phoenixmon-Xs design! So elegant and feminine rather than the more masculine Garudamon and regular Phoenixmon designs.
    I agree, though I think her swan neck is a little too skinny for her head. Looks strange.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

I come from the net
    Hmm I see. Pegasusmon X on Lopmon X's line is a bit weird but oh well.... As usual, they only leave some evo lines with Xs not to be filled completely like Vikemon X and Seraphimon X along with other ones with lower levels....

Well "Skinny swan neck" is pretty strong durable as it took many hits from that demon army so she is tough.

I have to say, even after looking at the full picture I still am not too fond of Examon X's design. I can understand they wanted a more knightly look for him, but the change to that came with removing many of the elements that made Examon a unique Digimon. His draconic design, his unique gunlance weapon, and most of all his large scale that has defined him in his profile, his appearances in many media (ex. Cyber Sleuth) and even in his name (as Examon is derived from Exabyte) are all either removed entirely or downplayed. It feels like a complete change to what his design and concept was to begin with. Even ignoring that, while there are some details that I missed on the first pass (mainly his weapon, which is a dual light saber), I still have a number of misgivings as the overall design feels a little awkward to me, as if they were trying to mix Examon's base design with their preferred knight design and they clashed in some areas, it doesn't quite work for what they're going.

All in all, I'm just really mixed on this one. I don't dislike it, but they could've easily have made a design that played into his large scale and unique motifs even if they wanted a few more knight elements in him, but instead they just made him another one of the knights and left it at that. It's a disappointing take for what could've been a very good X form.
    Last edited by Bartz; 09-20-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    That image really doesn't tell us anything about his size.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast