With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Chronicle X Update- Chapter 17!

Maybe the X-Antibody was really just the friends we made along the way? Seriously, the fact that Examon just gets it by wanting it is funny but it's hype so I'm cool with it. Edit: the new translation explains it well, so Examon was being tortured with the X-Program right at the start of the chapter.

Hououmon X getting such a grand entrance is actually pretty awesome, and with a great design too. Hououmon is sorta the DarkKnightmon on the RK side. I wonder if there's a deeper meaning in these two teaming up...

I really thought this chapter was going to cover OmegaShoutmon and RizeGreymon, maybe show their Ultimate stages as OmegaShoutmon X and ShineGreymon X (neither of which is happening since we know the former is a Perfect and the latter doesn't exist in the X3), but now I'm hoping we'll see them next chapter as Rapidmon X and Justimon X. Kinda long wait for that one, at least comparatively to the past few days, but I can wait. Better not to drop everything in like a two day span lol.
    Last edited by Nightwing; 09-19-2019 at 08:39 PM.

I am not surprise to see Hououmon X. I figure that it is the evolution of Garudamon X. Better late then never. Maybe one day, the child and adult forms will come, but it is not right now. I am wondering if Hououmon X is not the final form too and it Digivolves into either Valdurmon or Zhuqiaomon
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Hououmon X is so elegant, I love her!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Sure, it's not Omegamon or Alphamon, but it's pretty obvious Hououmon knows them. Seeing a new Digimon is much more exciting than those guys yet again, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    At first it seems kinda like a random choice, but Phoenixmon's whole motif has a lot in common with the X antibodies plot (rising from the dead in a new form, etc.), so I think it's actually thematically appropriate.
    Well, sort of. Death and rebirth is more of a phoenix (Birdramon) thing, while Hououmon is based more on the fenghuang/houou. The fenghuang is immortal, though.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Sure, it's not Omegamon or Alphamon, but it's pretty obvious Hououmon knows them. Seeing a new Digimon is much more exciting than those guys yet again, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    At first it seems kinda like a random choice, but Phoenixmon's whole motif has a lot in common with the X antibodies plot (rising from the dead in a new form, etc.), so I think it's actually thematically appropriate.
    Well, sort of. Death and rebirth is more of a phoenix (Birdramon) thing, while Hououmon is based more on the fenghuang/houou. The fenghuang is immortal, though.
    Sure, the whole line tends to incorporate both western and eastern phoenix iconography, I should have been more specific. And likewise Alphamon and Omegamon, beginning and end, inform that aspect of the plot as well, I just think Phoenixmon/Hououmon is less random than it seems on first glance.

Junior Commander
    That sounds a bit like a reach. It's more like they're just trying to fit in the V-Pets' rosters into the storyline in places that at least seem somewhat appropriate. Such as DarkKnightmon X competing against Barbamon X, Lucemon X randomly summoning Cherubimon Vice X and Ophanimon FM X, or how two of the X3's new Perfects (OmegaShoutmon and RiseGreymon) are suddenly leading the reinforcements.

Why pick Hououmon for the roster in the first place? I guess they just wanted to pick "good" or holy Digimon, and there's already a Garudamon X. Notice how Pteranomon, Garudamon, and Hououmon occupy the same positions as Tailmon, Angewomon, and Ophanimon on the different versions' rosters.

I come from the net
    Maybe Lucemon X wasn't actually "summoning" them, it's like more of... He called two from "fodder" demon army to come? Eh

I suspect Houhoumon X's role might be the one that will purify Cherubimon and Ofanimon by giving her Holy rings to return their senses back to awake?

I think RiseGreymon and OmegaShoutmon were selected to have X forms because they gave X forms to each main digimon partners in each seasons like that Trio tamer partners. But still I agree. Why Perfects to lead the army? Maybe due to X-Program, so this world barely have few Ultimates excluding special groups?

I really like Phoenixmon-Xs design! So elegant and feminine rather than the more masculine Garudamon and regular Phoenixmon designs.

They probably wanted to complete the 01 Megas, (if you count Plesiomon X as Gomamons alternate mega).

Though I like his armor, my problem with ExamonX is the same as that of GankoomonX. It takes away the most Iconic parts of the original design.

Examon's most defining features were his gigantic wings, and monstrous scale along with his lance. He was a great contrast to the other RKs and an imposing design to begin with.

By changing the proportions, he looks less monstrous, more knightlike. He is more in line with Slayerdramon, but less unique now. Plus the lance being replaced by Darth Maul's light saber looks less impressive. That halo on top looks tacky too. Not a big fan, the armor is nicely done though.

Add Notus on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Same here. Houhoumon X appearing was huge surprise. But who will purify Cherubimon and Ofanimon?!

Houhoumon X got ten Holy rings. Wow I sorta missed the quad wings. It could be upgraded instead of thigh wings. But she is very beautiful so I accept!
    It actually got 12, you missed the ones at the claws. With that many, it makes sense for it to be the one to purify Ophanimon and Cherubimon.
    Last edited by Notus; 09-20-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amandil7 View Post
    I really like Phoenixmon-Xs design! So elegant and feminine rather than the more masculine Garudamon and regular Phoenixmon designs.

They probably wanted to complete the 01 Megas, (if you count Plesiomon X as Gomamons alternate mega).

Though I like his armor, my problem with ExamonX is the same as that of GankoomonX. It takes away the most Iconic parts of the original design.

Examon's most defining features were his gigantic wings, and monstrous scale along with his lance. He was a great contrast to the other RKs and an imposing design to begin with.

By changing the proportions, he looks less monstrous, more knightlike. He is more in line with Slayerdramon, but less unique now. Plus the lance being replaced by Darth Maul's light saber looks less impressive. That halo on top looks tacky too. Not a big fan, the armor is nicely done though.
    I was thinking something similar about Examon X. Even if it still is large, it no longer gives off the same massive vibe it had before. I would have liked it better if the artwork framed it in a way that made it look larger.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast