With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Monster Art Book Version X Announced, Pre-Order Details!

Digital Monster Art Book Version X Announced, Pre-Order Details!

More X-Antibody stuff to order!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The 3rd Digimon V-Pet art book! Digital Monster Art Book Version X!

This book covers the various Digimon X V-Pets, along with various making of and extras, so there will be a decent amount of material.

They've put up samples and various teasers for those who are considering ordering it...

First up, the main Digimon art pages.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The overall setup appears roughly identical to the previous art books.

This covers 180 Digimon appearing in the Digimon X V-Pets, including Alphamon.

Then there is the samples and teasers for various other things...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

All the Royal Knights and Seven Great Demon Lords from the X series are included (that's sort of covered by the above... but they're popular characters so I guess they wanted to point it out again.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

An image by Soh Moriyama symbolizing off the final battle of the X series between the Royal Knights and Seven Great Demon Lords!

The last bullet point gets no image, but they tease all of Chronicle X being included in the artbook, along with new illustrations.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

There will be 224 pages and the pages will be A4 size (8.27 x 11.69 inches.)

Pre-orders for the X art book are open at Premium Bandai. They will be open until December 2nd for 4,950 yen. It's scheduled to ship in March.

Of course, the Digimon X3 is also being released.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend a few potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

... Gah, I'm torn.

On one hand, I've purchased the first two V-Pet art books and I love supporting products like this.

On the other hand, the X-Antibody artwork deviates so much from the original style and I'm just not a fan of it. At all.

Of course, if I skip it, I just know I'll miss out on something cool.

... Gah.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox View Post
    ... Gah, I'm torn.

On one hand, I've purchased the first two V-Pet art books and I love supporting products like this.

On the other hand, the X-Antibody artwork deviates so much from the original style and I'm just not a fan of it. At all.

Of course, if I skip it, I just know I'll miss out on something cool.

... Gah.

I mean if you buy it and regret it you shouldn't have much trouble selling it on Digimon communities or ebay in the future especially since they tend to go up in price. Plus there are a few old designers who have made art for this.

Junior Commander
    This is what I've been waiting for! The third member of the V-Pet artbooks to fill my bookshelf!

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    I love the artbooks! Mostly because we finally get hi-res images of Digimon. March is too far off though :/

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandil7 View Post
    I love the artbooks! Mostly because we finally get hi-res images of Digimon. March is too far off though :/
    They'll prob Tweet out some nice HQ ones of all these new guys way before that.

I come from the net
    I pray for the success on X3 to birth new V pets series of Digimon or X4 if possible after this.

Can't wait to see HUGE images so I can see easy to draw if I miss out which I overlooked or not. All X forms in pictures from are only limited to 900x900x or less.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Oh wow Digimon Chronicle X all together with new illustrations! I guess we are coming to an end. That picture from Soh Moriyama looks like if a modern take of La Divina Comedia meets Digimon! I'm so hyped 😊❤

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Wow, you get the Chronicle X manga with it too, that's really cool.

bless these books for giving me a high resolution look at Digimon who don't have 3D models. I'm the type to spend half an hour just memorizing details of character designs and these books are usually the only place I can see official artwork that isn't blurry that I know of

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast