With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Chronicle X Update- Chapter 15!

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    Oh thanks, just when I was starting to get really confused, the new chapter provided a summary of what's going on and who's fighting who.The chapter also made it more understandable why there is no Shadow Seraphimon X.
    Urm.. Why?

Add Amandil7 on DeviantArt
    Hmm it's like they're completely dismissing Examon's defeat by Lilithmon-X.

Duftmon-X is the foremost strategist maybe that's why he is facing Lucemon-X.

Something (experience?) tells me we might be disappointed in the lineup of new X Digimon. This V3 might just end up being all these previous RKs and Demon Lords but very few new ones (like Gankoomon-X and Examon-X). 😕

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Yeah that’s precisely my apprehension. I did the math and realised that if we have every Royal Knight and Great Demon King in this one, plus the three other ultimates that have been active in the story, we already have twenty-three spots taken. Bandai might just say, ‘Look! All your faves!’ and leave it at that. I would cite this as yet another example of the Royal Knights being a bloated tumour on the franchise, but frankly, the storyline that’s carried the past two V-pets has produced enough new digimans to more than justify their presence here. If we get Gankwumon and Examon X I’ll be mollified; a couple more and I’ll be satisfied.
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 09-17-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Well this is disappointinh

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    It's not like any of these things are exactly riveting. We're getting another one tomorrow anyway.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    You know the matchups are rather odd too. They don’t pit Beelzebumon against Dukemon? If this were being animated then sure, it would be refreshing to see different pairs of digimon duke it out than you would normally expect, but since this is basically fan fiction you’d think they’d go for the archetypal rivals. The only thing archetypal about a fight between Lili-chan and Examon is how she creams him in Cyber Sleuth​, KEK.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    You know the matchups are rather odd too. They don’t pit Beelzebumon against Dukemon? If this were being animated then sure, it would be refreshing to see different pairs of digimon duke it out than you would normally expect, but since this is basically fan fiction you’d think they’d go for the archetypal rivals. The only thing archetypal about a fight between Lili-chan and Examon is how she creams him in Cyber Sleuth​, KEK.
    Gallantmon was part of the previous Chronicle, and they seem to be going out of their way to avoid using the three from there - however the three of them (Alpha/Omni also) will prob come in and solo the 7GDL as the ending lol. Perhaps then we'll see a Gallantmon X vs Beelzemon X.
    Last edited by Muur; 09-18-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Poor Examon's already down, and the only non-X RK there.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    Yeah that’s precisely my apprehension. I did the math and realised that if we have every Royal Knight and Great Demon King in this one, plus the three other ultimates that have been active in the story, we already have twenty-three spots taken. Bandai might just say, ‘Look! All your faves!’ and leave it at that. I would cite this as yet another example of the Royal Knights being a bloated tumour on the franchise, but frankly, the storyline that’s carried the past two V-pets has produced enough new digimans to more than justify their presence here. If we get Gankwumon and Examon X I’ll be mollified; a couple more and I’ll be satisfied.
    I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if so many of the Royal Knights weren't so thematically similar. Alphamon, Dukemon, Dynasmon, Magnamon, Ulforce V-dramon, Examon, and Jesmon are all draconic knights. That's over half of a very large group. At least the Olympos and 7 Demon Lords have a lot more variety.

Still, it's also not like any V-Pet typically has more than 3 of the RKs as tamable, anyways, so at least it's unique in that respect as well. This might be the last time we see all 13 together in a non-Digimon Story setting for a while.

I still want that Greco-Roman themed virtual pet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryudamon View Post
    Wondering if the rest of the Royal Knights will show up. There are 3 left. We have no word about Gallantmon, Omnimon and Alphamon. This should be a big enough emergency for Alphamon to show up.
    They specifically pointed out how those 3 are missing back in Chapter 12, so there's evidently something going on for them.
    They also had Examon down and out, and now he is back and battling Lillithmon.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast