With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: How many eyes does ArkadimonSU have?

Ain't got no mojo...

How many eyes does ArkadimonSU have?

He has an eye in the middle of his head.

The manga showed that those weird bumps on the side of his head that look like Shakkoumon's eyes are in fact his eyes too. There's this one panel where he gets punched and you see that it's an eye very clearly.

But in Hacker's Memory, a cutscene shows his "knight helmet" part glowing red as if there's an eye in there too!

So does he have two eyes, one on his head and one inside his head and looks out the holes/shakkoumon eyes, or does he have 4 eyes? Or 3 eyes?
    Last edited by someonenoone11; 09-14-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Junior Commander
    It also has eyes on its shoulders.

The interpretations of the game designers aren't always consistent with the creator's intentions. For example, Arkadimon Perfect is given a mouth in Hacker's Memory when it originally didn't have one in V-Tamer. Arkadimon Ultimate's mouth is also different from V-Tamer's (then again, Arkadimon Ultimate has the most inconsistent mouth design, if you compare the different Collectors/Crusader card artworks).

Evidently, Arkadimon's creator intended for the side-bumps to be its main eyes, while the Hacker's Memory developers just gave it a Jupitermon-style face instead.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    It also has eyes on its shoulders.

The interpretations of the game designers aren't always consistent with the creator's intentions. For example, Arkadimon Perfect is given a mouth in Hacker's Memory when it originally didn't have one in V-Tamer. Arkadimon Ultimate's mouth is also different from V-Tamer's (then again, Arkadimon Ultimate has the most inconsistent mouth design, if you compare the different Collectors/Crusader card artworks).

Evidently, Arkadimon's creator intended for the side-bumps to be its main eyes, while the Hacker's Memory developers just gave it a Jupitermon-style face instead.
    I sort of disagree. There's a Crusader Card that shows Arkadimon Ultimate having a mouth. So... two sources being wrong instead of just one doesn't seem likely.

I actually prefer the Jupitermon-style face. Those side bumps really aren't menacing or terrifying at all.

Oh well, here's hoping it's not an incorrect interpretation but an actual author-consulted interpretation. Because Arkadimon apparently has copyright issues from the manga author so I don't think they'd make a model of the guy without consulting him.

Junior Commander
    I said Arkadimon Perfect didn't have a mouth, not Ultimate. I have also pointed out Ultimate's Crusader cards myself too. Two wrongs also doesn't make a right. Is the creator wrong just because two non-creators misinterpreted it?

To reiterate, Arkadimon Ultimate has the most inconsistent mouth. It has a closed faceplate in V-Tamer (and Daemon's mouth at some point); while in Collectors/Crusader, it has been depicted with both a sharp-teeth mouth and a human-like face. Meanwhile, Hacker's Memory has a new mouth design that vaguely resembles the V-Tamer's faceplate, but opens up like a human mouth.

For one thing, it has never been confirmed that copyright regarding Arkadimon has ever been an issue with Hacker's Memory. Another thing, it's not an issue of modeling. You can't actually see an eye inside Arkadimon Super Ultimate's face, regardless of modeling. The red light was purely limited to that particular cutscene. You also normally don't see the pupils within the V-Tamer version's eyes without a zoomed-in close-up.

There has also been an interview with both Arkadimon's designer, Tenya Yabuno, and Hacker's Memory's producer, Kazumasa Habu. In the interview, Habu has shown that he has not consulted with Yabuno regarding specific details about Arkadimon, like how Arkadimon Ultimate's evolution sequence is supposed to resemble a skull, which Habu admitted that he didn't notice.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 09-14-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I said Arkadimon Perfect didn't have a mouth, not Ultimate. I have also pointed out Ultimate's Crusader cards myself too. Two wrongs also doesn't make a right. Is the creator wrong just because two non-creators misinterpreted it?

To reiterate, Arkadimon Ultimate has the most inconsistent mouth. It has a closed faceplate in V-Tamer (and Daemon's mouth at some point); while in Collectors/Crusader, it has been depicted with both a sharp-teeth mouth and a human-like face. Meanwhile, Hacker's Memory has a new mouth design that vaguely resembles the V-Tamer's faceplate, but opens up like a human mouth.

For one thing, it has never been confirmed that copyright regarding Arkadimon has ever been an issue with Hacker's Memory. Another thing, it's not an issue of modeling. You can't actually see an eye inside Arkadimon Super Ultimate's face, regardless of modeling. The red light was purely limited to that particular cutscene. You also normally don't see the pupils within the V-Tamer version's eyes without a zoomed-in close-up.

There has also been an interview with both Arkadimon's designer, Tenya Yabuno, and Hacker's Memory's producer, Kazumasa Habu. In the interview, Habu has shown that he has not consulted with Yabuno regarding specific details about Arkadimon, like how Arkadimon Ultimate's evolution sequence is supposed to resemble a skull, which Habu admitted that he didn't notice.
    Hahaha. So is cyber sleuth "canon"? XD
    Just like certain digimon have variations like minor change in color scheme, is the cyber sleuth arkadimon "canon" so Arkadimon Perfect with mouths and no mouths both exist?

How does it work when official media have two different versions of the same digimon? I remember BelphemonRM in the anime had his hellfire claws on top of his normal claws while in other media the two are completely separate.
    Last edited by someonenoone11; 09-14-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Junior Commander
    It's "canon" to Cyber Sleuth, while V-Tamer is "canon" to V-Tamer. Future media will have its own "canon."

Just because it's wrong from the perspective of the original creator's intentions, doesn't mean it's not "canon." After all, Yabuno also designed Daemon, but Daemon's modern and accepted rendition is drastically different from his V-Tamer rendition, like how the energy cubes on Daemon's arms became metallic armor-like plating.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Well, the manga version could've just not opened his mouth.

Ain't got no mojo...
    It's "canon" to Cyber Sleuth, while V-Tamer is "canon" to V-Tamer. Future media will have its own "canon."

Just because it's wrong from the perspective of the original creator's intentions, doesn't mean it's not "canon." After all, Yabuno also designed Daemon, but Daemon's modern and accepted rendition is drastically different from his V-Tamer rendition, like how the energy cubes on Daemon's arms became metallic armor-like plating.
    Thank you. This is all very satisfying.

Seriously, those bump eyes on ArkadimonSU is just, so, unmenacing. Goofy even. What was Yabuno thinhking? Now that I know that this version of Arkadimon has a jupitermon face, I can ignore his bump eyes! His middle eye is coolest though.

Anyways, thanks for the very quick and informative responses!!!

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Well, the manga version could've just not opened his mouth.
    It was clearly a faceplate that was not supposed to open, at least, not in the way Hacker's Memory's version did. Arkadimon was also very talkative, even if the only thing it said was a single syllable, so it wasn't an issue of not talking.

I have an old compilation of multiple references of Arkadimon Ultimate's different mouths, and it's clearly different: https://imgur.com/x5SHY3J