With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: How Digimon Saved My Life

Junior Commander IamTheSovereign's Avatar

How Digimon Saved My Life

My cat passed away last Saturday, the seventh.

She wasn’t particularly old; she just stopped eating. We were all in a deep state of mourning. I was only able to eat one meal a day — I still am, really.

The only thing I was able to do with my free time was binge-play Digimon Cyber Sleuth. In one week, I had gone from 10 hours of gameplay to over 45 (mostly training to defeat Machinedramon…) It was during this time that I learned of the DLC for this game, and the fact that it had been discontinued.

I was working feverishly, struggling to devise a way to access it via the Singapore PSN, or perhaps looking for a European copy of the game, when last night, I learned of the version coming for Nintendo Switch — having both versions, and with DLC for both already available.

It made me so…happy. It was the first time I had smiled since Saturday.

You must understand, before my cat had even gotten sick, I was suffering from deep depression — self harm and the like. My cat’s passing damn near pushed me over the edge. There’s no telling what I may have done to myself in the deplorable state that I was in; skin lacerations, or perhaps a way to end it all…but then, I found happiness.

The point isn’t the Digimon game in and of itself. The point is, that I was able to find some form of joy in my life after what had happened. And considering the terrible condition I was in, how close I was to ending everything, I daresay it is no exaggeration to say this:

Digimon saved my life.
    "Evil can confuse you when you're staring at it straight in the face. You can hope the face of evil will change, but it won't unless you force it to change."

If you enjoy(ed) my story, check this out! It's the various Digimon I've created for the entire series: ---> https://withthewill.net/threads/1844...906#post325906

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    I feel ya. Digimon (especially anime) has helped me out with issues like depression and self-doubt and grief from someone close passing away and stuff too and you are definitely not alone in this

I'm really, really sorry to hear about what happened to your cat, but I can also honestly relate to having Digimon as a bit of a cope mechanism too...

Sorry about your cat. I can relate too. I came from a very abusive situation in my early childhood. Long story short, digimon had taught me a lot about love, friendship and the courage to try your hardest everyday to survive.