With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butter-Fly Hatsune Miku Version, Plus More Collaboration Art and Info!

Butter-Fly Hatsune Miku Version, Plus More Collaboration Art and Info!

A bunch of Miku Collaboration updates.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up... the Miku version of Butter-Fly!

The Youtube version is region locked, but the niconico version is not, but that version won't embed on the forum, so click the link to listen/watch the music video.

The music video heavily features images from Digimon Adventure and the collaboration artwork shown off earlier this year...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

That image was drawn by tri. character designer Uki Atsuya.

As we got a preview of yesterday, the Vocaloid characters have been drawn by Toei staff in Digimon themed outfits.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Hatsune Miku in Agumon Costume (this one was previously announced as being made into a Nendoroid.)
    Megurine Luka in Gabumon Costume
    Kagamine Len in Patamon Costume
    Kagamine Rin in Tailmon Costume

Three popular illustrators have done new art for the collaboration...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Rella, who has done an image themed on the initial tri. key art by Uki Atsuya, this time showing the Vocaloid characters in their Digimon themed outfits.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then Sameyama Jiro, who has done images of the characters dressed in outfits based on the kids and their Digimon (going off their DIgimon their initial outfits were themed off of.)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Naoki Saito has done images of Miku as each Chosen Child along with their Digimon. Saito is likely an artist a number of people might be familiar with via their work on Pokemon or Dragalia Lost (among others.)

On top of that a few other elements of the collaboration have been announced.

It appears there will be some sort of fan interaction element based around fanart, and it appears the same will be done with another based on fans remixing the Miku version of Butter-Fly. (Need to double check the translation on that.)

Specific merchandise wasn't announced (we previously found out the Miku in Agumon costume art would be turned into a Nendoroid), but there would be a tour at various shops.

Merchandise for the shop tour will be announced later, but there will be postcards given out for purchases of 3,000 yen or more with collaboration artwork on it.

The 3 locations planned for the tour are:
    The SHIBUYA109 in the Abeno Q's Mall in Osaka, which is scheduled from October 19th thru November 4th (dates being revised)
    A location in Fukuoka to be decided, in early November
    The Akihabara Container in Tokyo (near the Akihabara Station Center Gate), in late November

The above will have translations cleaned up and expanded shortly.

More details to come.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Well I have just listened to the song and music video itself and it's not really of my taste but hey! The artwork is really amazing though, it would be interesting to upload it to the wikias. Is this considered as part of the promo of Digimon Adventure, Digimon tri. or the new film Last Evolution Kizuna? A standalone collbaoration itself? Interestingly enough, Miku's seiyuu Saki Fujita has recently worked with Digimon as the VA of Shiki in Digimon World: Next Order and NYX in the CD Drama of Digimon Tamers 2018: Days -Information and the Unordinary-.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Is this considered as part of the promo of Digimon Adventure, Digimon tri. or the new film Last Evolution Kizuna? A standalone collbaoration itself?
    Yeah, basically that. Nothing more and nothing less than a fun cross-promotional collab between Miku and Digimon Adventure, even if the general look and feel is influenced by tri.

Interestingly enough, Miku's seiyuu Saki Fujita has recently worked with Digimon as the VA of Shiki in Digimon World: Next Order and NYX in the CD Drama of Digimon Tamers 2018: Days -Information and the Unordinary-.
    Well, how about that! You learn something new every day

Gotta wait until my lunch break to listen to this <.<;

I hope we get some merchandise in retail stores because I love the artwork and I hated missing out on all the tri pop up stores in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Well I have just listened to the song and music video itself and it's not really of my taste but hey!

Do you have a link to the music video? I think it's just considered a 20th anniversary thing?

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    Do you have a link to the music video? I think it's just considered a 20th anniversary thing?
    It's in the opening lines of the news post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Those arts are ridiculously cute. I'm enjoying them more than I thought I would. Shame it only covers the first season, but maybe more will come later.

Now get her to do "Digimon: Digital Monsters" from the dub lol :P

Kizuna takes place in 2010, three years after Miku was created. She can very easily cameo in the movie with it making sense in the timeline. I mean it's unlikely but hey - let's make her canon in Digimon!

I come from the net
    Joyful and beautiful artworks! Surprised at Naoki Saito. I like it how Miku's hair tie changes the color to match to those chosen children.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    After listening to it, I enjoyed it much more than I anticipated. There's a couple of instances where Miku sounds a bit off, notably with words containing "し" (Shi) but overall, pretty great!

The artwork is really great. The song is also okay, but the original version or the piano version are still better than this. But it always could be worse, so this song is not that bad, too.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Ah, dammit! Butter-Fly gets me no matter what, lol. I've never listened to a Hatsune Miku thing or cared about the franchise(?) at all, nor do I plan to start, but it's still always cool to see Digimon stuff regardless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast