With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: News Bits- CS Complete on PS4 or not? Model Updates for Next Gen? & Nigel Dobbyn

News Bits- CS Complete on PS4 or not? Model Updates for Next Gen? & Nigel Dobbyn

A few different bits of news...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, at the recent GME Conference in Nashville a few days ago (an annual Gamestop event), Bandai was showing off Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition.

Interesting, there were a few oddities based on the one photo we have of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition that was posted by Bandai staff.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The controller diagram shown at the display is a Playstation 4 controller, and there is a Playstation logo underneath the bottom Cyber Sleuth Complete logo.

No PS4 version of Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition has been announced, and a response to an inquiry was that there is no announcement or plans for the game on Playstation 4.

So if taken at face value, it might just be an older Hacker's Memory display that's had some logos covered up, or some incorrect information was used for the display (for example, the October release date is there, but there is no Switch logo.) But it does make you wonder...

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition for Switch is currently available to pre-order for $50 on Amazon: (Affiliate link)
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition (Nintendo Switch)

The game is out on October 18th.

Then in 'it might not even be Digimon news...'

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Media Vision, the developers of Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory have put up a job listing for someone to “create new monster models and upgrade monster models from previous title(s)” and that the game uses “cel-shaded anime-style models”.

This isn't necessarily for a Digimon game, but with a new Digimon Story game coming, it's something else to wonder about.

Media Vision has worked on a number of franchises the description could possibly work for, including: Chaos Rings, Wild Arms, Summon Night, and the Shining franchise.

Thanks to Gematsu for the heads up.

And last up, a bit of sad news.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Comic artist Nigel Dobbyn has passed. Dobbyn worked on a handful of the Dark Horse Comics Digimon issues that adapted early episodes of the anime during it's original run.

Dobbyn is probably best known by British comic fans for a number of titles, including Sonic the Comic.

Further information can be found via 2000ad. Thanks to a number of people who sent this in, including someone who posted it elsewhere on the forum.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Wouldn't be the first time companies have run games advertised on one system by using another, so who knows. I can't even remember, was the Complete Edition for the Switch two separate game download files? A PS4 re-release isn't out of the question, although would be kinda scummy since it was otherwise pulled from the store and could have been a free update besides...

And my head says "it could be for anything" but my heart says "New Story game ahahahahahaha"

I would be equally thrilled with Media.Vision doing this for a Digimon OR Wild Arms game. Slightly reduces my chances of being disappointed I guess.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Ah Bandai, ever the scummy by using "Complete Edition PS4". Maybe you guys should actually be nice, and give us what the Japanese got.

But I guess it would "Impact Switch and PC sales.". Sigh.

Don't understand why anyone would play this on ps4, I tried playing but couldn't get past after 3 hours or so in, handheld is where it is at.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    These couple of news make me realize how thirsty I am for more Digimon videogames news! We have ReArise global release and Season 2 around the corner, Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition right before it, Survive on 2020 and the new Digimon Story in development, while New Century in China. I just wish the new models will cover a large amount of available Digimon!