With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Digimon Card Premium Edition Sets from DigiFes are at Premium Bandai!

The Digimon Card Premium Edition Sets from DigiFes are at Premium Bandai!

More stuff to import!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon Card Premium Edition sets were released early at DigiFes 2019 with no mention of how they'd be released later until now!

The sets add a half dozen cards each to (what is probably) the 2 best known Digimon card types that the franchise has had over the years, the Digital Monster Card Game (better known as Hyper Colosseum), along with it's involvement in Bandai Carddass.

The card sets were made to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of the Digimon anime beginning with Digimon Adventure.

So for the first set...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon Card Premium Edition, Card Game Version!

In this set we get the highest forms of the lead Digimon from Adventure thru Xros Wars (minus a power boost for most of them...) The set includes Omegamon, Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, Dukemon, Susanoomon, ShineGreymon, and Shoutmon x7 all newly drawn by longtime Digimon designer Kenji Watanabe.

The cards are mounted in plastic holders in a foldable cardboard sleeve featuring the main forms of the six Digimon on the opposite side of the inside of the sleeve. When closed it shows the new art from the cards.

As for the other set...

The Digimon Card Premium Edition, Carddass Version!

In this set we get new art of the main characters from Adventure thru Xros Wars along with the main form of their Digimon (or the Digimon form for Frontier.) Each character is making the victory sign with their hands, which could also be seen as the '2' in 20 years.

The cards, like the other set, are mounted in plastic holders in a plastic sleeve, with the opposite side of the cards inside the sleeve featuring the art of the Digimon. When closed it shows the kids and Digimon.

But there is a bonus...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

2 more cards!

if you buy both sets together you get an extra 2 cards.

The extra card for Hyper Colosseum features the artwork of the six lower form Digimon from the sleeve.

The extra card for Carddass features the artwork of all 12 characters.

Orders are open at Premium Bandai. No ship date is listed, which means they will likely ship quickly to your choice of intermediary.

If you want to order a single set from the Digimon Card Premium Edition, you'll want to use this link. Each card set is 1,200 yen.

If you want order both sets, along with the 2 extra cards, from the Digimon Card Premium Edition, you'll want to use this link. The set is 2,400 yen.

Update- Orders are open, modified above to match that.

Nice small anniversary card sets for the 20th Anniversary of the anime (and actually reasonably affordable unlike a number of recent items.)

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend a few potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    Carddass... Wow haven't seen that for so long time. So the edition Jintrix will come?

So... The card game version is counting as "Carddass"? Because of that cover...

Ain't got no mojo... Katsu Hikaru's Avatar
    Man Kenji Watanabe always impress me with the way he draws the Digimon especially Shoutmon X7 since honestly i was never really a big fan of said Digimon much prefer Omegashoutmon instead but he does like nice with all of them together like that.

I'm still waiting for Omegamon Merciful Mode to get added to the reference book I really want to know more about the transformation and if it has some kind of ability the anime didn't shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Carddass... Wow haven't seen that for so long time. So the edition Jintrix will come?

So... The card game version is counting as "Carddass"? Because of that cover...
    The logo being there is more a general logo tag. Hyper Colosseum cards in Japan were most likely to be bought via Carddass dispensers in the old days, the new cards would have almost certainly have been printed by the subdivision of Bandai that makes Carddass cards, etc.

On top of that, there isn't 'actually' a Digimon card game anymore in the sense of there being a website, things to look for officially, etc. Having the Carddass tag gives a general association. (Carddass is also more a generic branding for Bandai card stuff. If you go to their website you get links to not only the DataCarddass games, but also Battle Spirits, etc.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Updated the article since orders are open.

Junior Commander
    My completionist side wants that bonus card, but I honestly only care about the Card Game version. At the very least, you do technically get that Rookies-artwork with the folder itself.

Seeing the Megas side-by-side like that really makes it obvious how much red, white, gold, and/or blue they all use (mostly red and gold).

Something I also never really thought about is where Shoutmon X7's helmet comes from. X3's helmet is the head of Shoutmon's microphone, and X5's helmet is attached to Sparrowmon's butt, as shown in the art. I don't recall seeing X7's helmet anywhere obvious in either OmegaShoutmon's or ZekeGreymon's artworks, though that probably just means it's cheekily hidden on either of their backs or something.

Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    My completionist side wants that bonus card, but I honestly only care about the Card Game version. At the very least, you do technically get that Rookies-artwork with the folder itself.

Seeing the Megas side-by-side like that really makes it obvious how much red, white, gold, and/or blue they all use (mostly red and gold).

Something I also never really thought about is where Shoutmon X7's helmet comes from. X3's helmet is the head of Shoutmon's microphone, and X5's helmet is attached to Sparrowmon's butt, as shown in the art. I don't recall seeing X7's helmet anywhere obvious in either OmegaShoutmon's or ZekeGreymon's artworks, though that probably just means it's cheekily hidden on either of their backs or something.
    It's on OmegaShoutmon's back.

Haha, poor Tagiru.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    I'm not usually too invested in card game stuff, but I almost want that first set just for the cover art.

I come from the net
    Oooh I see. Carddass is still kept going strong in any forms huh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast