With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Digimon Card Premium Edition Sets from DigiFes are at Premium Bandai!

Ain't got no mojo...
    To be honest, I feel awfully sorry for Haru (Appli monsters) and Gatchmon

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    This card sets are gorgeous! If they weren't that expansive...especially the Card Game ver. poster with all the Ultimate forms <3 If only I kinda miss Alphamon, Arresterdramon SM & Gaiamon there to be perfect! Indeed I wish Hunters & Appmon were also represented somehow in the Carddass ver. with Tagiru & Haru.

I come from the net
    Cool. Bit of shame/bit funny/fitting that Haru/Gatchmon isn't there but neither is Taigiru and Gumdramon. ...Though there might not be much they'd want to highlight from the 3rd arc. Heh Still really cool cards.

Junior Commander
    While I do agree that Young Hunters is different enough to be considered its own thing, it's still technically just the third season of Xros Wars. Unlike 02, which was considered its own anime series, albeit a sequel series. It's understandable that between Shoutmon and Gumdramon, they chose Shoutmon as the representative for all of Xros Wars.

Of course, Appli Monsters is a sub-franchise that has its own separate TCG's (both a Card Game series and a Carddass series). If Gaiamon was in here, its card would probably be in the format of the Appmon TCG; but this set is specifically for the Digimon TCG (though I still wouldn't mind an Appmon card, no matter how out-of-place it is, as long as Watanabe drew it).

I come from the net
    You know, I could never understand this Premium card set. Instead of Dukemon Crimson Mode, Omegamon Merciful Mode, ShineGreymon Burst Mode and etc, it kinda felt so wrong to see not all those main Digimon partners at higher levels on equal. WarGreymon, Imperialdramon Dragon Mode and KaiserGreymon could be there but again Shoutmon 7x and Susanoomon... Oh well who cares?

(I pity Flamon... Agnimon is the oddest one out of all Childs at the cover)

I can hear all poor wallets are wailing and screaming as this Digimon Anniversary never ends eh?

Junior Commander
    Agnimon is much more recognizable as the lowest-stage of the "evolution" line, similar to Tailmon in Adventure. Though, Agnimon does seem a bit over-designed in comparison to the Child-level partners.

For the Ultimates, they seem to have been aiming for their respective highest stages, but just their base modes, not their enhanced modes (Omegamon Merciful Mode, Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, Dukemon Crimson Mode, ShineGreymon Burst Mode, Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode).
    The base modes also tend to be more recognizable or more nostalgic to most fans, and Susanoomon won't be an odd man out for lacking an enhanced mode.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 08-30-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodonick96 View Post
    To be honest, I feel awfully sorry for Haru (Appli monsters) and Gatchmon
    Isn't applimon thing is a completely different thing compared to digimon?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    No, but it does have a different card game.

I come from the net
    Oh... That really makes sense. OK then thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12