With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Recommended email requests for V.A. reprisals in Eng Dub of Digimon Kizuna

Ain't got no mojo...

Recommended email requests for V.A. reprisals in Eng Dub of Digimon Kizuna

UPDATE (10/20/2019): At this time, Joshua Seth tweeted that he hasn't been called yet. Which from my observation, the English Dub hasn't been planned at this time. This is mainly because production in Japan is still going on (about 3-4 months until the release date in February 2020) and Toei is focusing on how it'll do well in the Japanese box office even though there are plans to bring the film to America this Spring 2020 (from the teaser trailer). Pretty much the English staff hasn't been coordinated yet and no one in the tri. cast have been called yet, but given how well tri. did in Fathom Events, limited releases, and DVD/Blu-ray and Internet sales (plus Crunchyroll streams of the original versions), it's more likely they'll get onto that sometime after the Japanese release.

So I added Joshua in the list of VAs to request to return just in case (given the last attempt worked out well for tri.). I do suggest to send heartfelt messages to the dubbing companies on how much you enjoyed the tri. cast's performances that you would love to hear them return for Last Evolution when plans are set in the future.

Also, with Digimon ReArise released with the dub, I heard Agumon voiced by Tom Fahn once again. So again, more likely the dub plans will be set in the future based on the teaser trailer and how well Kizuna does in Japan.

So here are couple of email addresses I found to use:

• contact@studiopolisinc.com (Studiopolis Inc., responsible for the tri. Dubs and previous Digimon shows, likely candidate to dub Kizuna)

I tested both out weeks ago in a respectful and polite manner. And while there weren't any replies, I figure they keep things internal when going over the fan emails, which they do read them from time to time.

Here are some voice actors who are still active in the industry and are aware of the film:

• Neil Kaplan (Hawkmon) - He retweeted a fan tweet about the news, and said that he recommends us to send emails to the companies responsible for the overseas release (both production company and dubbing company). The two emails above are close to what he refers to.
    • Paul St. Peter (Wormmon) - He made things clear in panels and on Twitter that he would love to play Wormmon again as he's still working in the industry (as he voiced Leomon in Digimon Tri.)
    • Derek Stephen Prince - (Ken and Veemon) - It's no brainer that Derek is eager to return to Digimon. He even crashed into a Digimon tri. AX panel asking Joshua, Colleen, and Jeff on whether or not Ken will properly appear. Seems likely he's available as he's still in the Naruto franchise dubbing the latest show: Boruto (dubbed by Studiopolis).
    • Brian Donovan (Davis) - I couldn't find any tweets or comments by him, but he's still in the industry voicing in Naruto just like Derek in Studiopolis. So it seems he has a shot.

And saved some for the last:

• Michael Reisz (OG Matt) - This one is pretty tricky given Matt's voice was replaced by Vic Mignogna in the Digimon Tri films. Just now, Michael commented on the reason he wasn't returning despite him expressing interests. He respected that decision since then. But that said, he said he is open to return if something changes in Toei and Studiopolis. This could be in light of the Vic Mignogna allegations and lawsuits happening for many months (not speaking for Michael if he is aware or not).
      • Generally, when making Michael Reisz requests, there shouldn't be any hateful comments on Mignogna or one sided bias against another actor as it could persuade both of them that we're just petty on the recast. It's best to politely request Michael to return and explain why, given this might be the last movie, and you have much better fond memories. Perhaps he can return that could spark the Tai and Matt back and forth conversations like in the show only as adults this time. Something positive about Michael he can do with Matt in the film without mentioning Mignogna.

• Joshua Seth (Tai) - As stated in the update above, he hasn't been called yet. So definitely raise up the buzz on email to let them know how much you enjoyed his performance in tri. and that he would do even better in Kizuna. If that worked well in getting him into Tri., then the same can be for Kizuna.
    • The Tri. Cast - I think it's likely they will be called to return to keep consistency with the previous films. So make sure to add them in saying how much you enjoyed their performances and would love to hear them again in Kizuna one last time.

These are the core Voice Actors I recommend adding them in your emails, simply list them you would like to hear return and explain why you want them back whenever possible.

As for other voice actors like Tifanie Christun (Yolei), Lara Jill Miller (OG Kari), etc., some of them have retired from voice acting to pursue other career paths/interests (mostly Tifanie Christun and Michael Lindsay). The rest it seems, those in the Tri. Cast will carry over to the Kizuna film. Though it wouldn't hurt to mention them, just keep in mind with the realities for the casting process and the actors' current status in the industry.

Going back to Joshua Seth (Tai) in detail, he let his fans know about considering returning, and they miraculously bombarded Toei and Studiopolis with enthusiastic emails and social media buzz on his return and he got the part (plus Jeff Nimoy's comedic breaking of NDA before Toei announced the dub that got Joshua notified ironically).

All that being said, there aren't any guarantees on how the casting will go or if there ever will be a dub (just so no rumors are stated at this time). So do whatever you can to email them on any hopes for the Kizuna dub, getting the tri. cast to reprise, and also consider some of the veteran 02 VAs to return)

If anyone has other suggestions, feel free to chime in whatever ideas you have as long as they're not violating anything.
    Last edited by Kureisan28; 10-20-2019 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Updating on the dub status that there aren't any plans at the moment, but it's likely it will happen based on tri's numbers and how well Kizuna will do in Japan

I come from the net The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    Didn't Michael Lindsay want to come back, though?
    This is just a note to say that I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Annoyingly, I was never told whether it was 'just' high-functioning autism, or Asperger's syndrome), so if I don't make sense, or am incoherent, please ask what it is I mean politely. Thank you~

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
    Didn't Michael Lindsay want to come back, though?
    I took Lindsay out after finding out that he passed away. Sad to hear about that. We'll miss him.

Just updated that Robert Axelrod (Armadillomon and Wizardmon) has passed away. So I’ve taken him out of the list. May he RIP
    Last edited by Vande; 09-08-2019 at 09:37 AM. Reason: do not multipost...

I'm going digital
    Visit DigitalCorp's Youtube Channel
    There are some alternatives to some of these missing VAs. In the episode "Invasion of the Daemon Corps", Bridget Hoffman voiced Yolei.

This might be a good opportunity to age up Cody a little (much like Wendee Lee's replacement in Season 2). My suggestion would be Casey Mongillo. They are the current voice of Shinji on Evangelion.

I think Kyle Hebert will be perfect to voice Armadillomon. He done Dorulumon and Ballistamon in the Fusion. Right now, he is doing an anime call Boruto.

We could get Kyle's Boruto partner, Ben Diskin to do Cody. He have done Shoutmon in Fusion.

The two know about Digimon and should be perfect to fit in the roles.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Ain't got no mojo...
    I have politely wrote to both companies in regards of Michaelís Reiszí interest to return

I'm going digital
    My e-mail:

Hello,

I understand that Studiopolis and Toei are going to be working on the English dub for Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna. I believe this is a fantastic choice. I enjoyed all of Studiopolis’ dubs so far, even going as far back as the Saban days. I’m also very excited to see the Zero Two kids getting their moment to shine in the spotlight. So, since the Zero Two kids (Davis, Yolei, Cody, and Ken, and their partners) were barely mentioned in the tri. Movies, I’d like to offer suggestions for possible casting.

Davis: Brian Donovan. As you know, he’s still working on Boruto, and I imagine he’d be quite excited to return to one of his star-making roles.

Yolei: Original VA Tiffany Christun (the Tori Spelling of Saban Entertainment) is retired or M.I.A. However, in the episode "Invasion of the Daemon Corps", she was voiced by Bridget Hoffman, better known as Jeri on Digimon Tamers. Would you please include her, as she does have experience?

Cody: I would suggest Philece Sampler, and she would be available because she’s already been cast as Mimi. However, Cody is going to be aged up a bit, correct? He is going to be voiced by a 27-year-old man in the Japanese version. Therefore, I think Cody should also go through puberty in the English version as well. There are two talented actors that might be good choices. First, there’s Ben Diskin from Digimon Fusion. He has a very wide range of voices. The same goes for Casey Mongillo, the new voice of Shinji on Neon Genesis Evangelion. It would be a good opportunity for them (Casey) to avoid the fate that Spike Spencer suffered.

Ken/Veemon: This is an incredibly easy choice: Derek Stephen Prince. He crashed a Digimon tri. AX panel asking Joshua Seth, Colleen Villard, and Jeff Nimoy on whether or not Ken will properly appear. (Footage here.) He has been with Digimon since the very beginning, so, would you please include him again?

Hawkmon: Neil Kaplan. He retweeted a fan tweet about the news, and said that he recommends us to send emails to the companies responsible for the overseas release (both production company and dubbing company).

Armadillomon: This one will require a recast, as sadly, original VA Robert Axelrod passed away this year. However, Tom Fahn voiced both Digmon & Submarimon, Armadillomon’s Armor Digivolved forms. I think he would make a great Armadillomon.

Wormmon: Paul St. Peter. He made things clear in panels and on Twitter that he would love to play Wormmon again as he's still working in the industry (as he voiced Leomon in Digimon Tri.)

Matt: Michael Reisz. Sure, he’s working elsewhere in Hollywood. However, he has indicated on Twitter that he would love to revisit Matt. Perhaps he can return that could spark the Tai and Matt back and forth conversations like in the show, only as adults this time.

Tai: Joshua Seth. A Digimon fan forum indicates that, according to a tweet, Mr. Seth hadn’t been called yet. I enjoyed his performance in tri. and he would do even better in Kizuna.

Regarding T.K. and Kari, I am willing to respect the fact that Lara Jill Miller will never return and that Johnny Yong Bosch is a fine T.K. The rest of the tri. Cast is excellent as well.

I’m sure you’ll be getting many other e-mails like this from fans. I can’t wait for Kizuna to come out on DVD.

Thanks,

[DigitalCorp]

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    That's a good email.

Though I'm torn on Lara Jill Miller.
    On one hand, she has such a unique voice and I love her as Kari, so it's be cool if she returned. (And she did say she'd reprise the role if asked in a YT Interview.) On the other hand, I think Tara Sands did a good job as an aged up Kari, and it might be weird for her to go back to younger sounding.

Definitely want Reisz back though. When he changed his Twitter icon to Matt, I was certain he had already been asked back.
    Shame they weren't aware of his interest.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

I'm going digital
    Heaven knows, it's not that difficult to make a character sound just a bit older. Just ask Mona Marshall. All you'd need to do is lower the register slightly, I believe.