With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon D-Evo

Follow MegaSonic On Twitter Add MegaSonic on Discord Add MegaSonic on DeviantArt Add MegaSonic on Google+

Post Digimon D-Evo

So, I've been working on this for a few weeks, and I'd like to hear some other's opinions on this. I've been working on a custom Digimon V-Pet, which I've called the D-Evo. It will (possibly) be the most compatible device, due to it using a built in D-Com for connections, so it'll be able to connect with anything the Digimon 0NL1NE system works with, so the only non-compatible devices will be the Accel, the Digivice toys*, and MAYBE the NEO, since they don't like the D-Com
    *I've only tested the Japanese D-3 with the D-Com

Things that work:
    The walk cycle, though I'd like to make it somewhat random, since moving 1 pixel per frame until the Digimon goes half-way off screen and then dancing every 12 frames is boring
    The menu system, though I still need to replace the Japanese text on the quest option
    XAI dice rolls

Things that are implemented, but haven't been tested:
    Evolution
    Displaying the correct Digimon, since V-Mon is the only Digimon I have added the sprites for

Things that are planned, but aren't coded or aren't finished:
    Connection battles with actual V-Pets and other D-Evos
    Sound
    Status Screen
    Feeding Digimon
    Training Digimon
    Quest Mode
    Toilet
    Lights
    Medical Treatment
    Real Time Clock

Possible Additions:
    Clone Docks/Copymon
    Tamer ID System
    Wireless Battles/Jogress

That's all from me for now! I'll probably post some videos of it tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Follow MegaSonic On Twitter Add MegaSonic on Discord Add MegaSonic on DeviantArt Add MegaSonic on Google+
    Alright! Here are some videos! (Also I'm starting to add sound)
    Walk Cycle:
    XAI Test:
    Menu Screen:

Just wanted to say that this is pretty cool! Are you planning to develop this into a full game/app?

Yeah, it'll be a full game. I've actually found out a few things for the functions:
    Stats screen and clock: I noticed that, since I don't have to worry about DP, since I've decided against using it, I could fit both the clock and status onto the main screen, which, with some graphics, could look really cool.
    (The hearts are replaced with the meat and punching bag icons diminishing over time.)

Quest mode: So I (very) recently got a D-Spirit, which I was basing the quest mode on. In use, I found that it uses a 6x6 grid, and contrary to what I had thought was the case (Since I couldn't find any good footage of the D-Spirit) that the caves were the only place where Digimon could show up, and that it appeared randomly, so I'm currently working on changing my code to not randomly change the background to a cave and instead just have the user get shown the Digimon before getting thrown into battle.

Battles: I was on the Digimon 0NL1NE Discord when I found out about the Pendulum Cycle using the DMOG system, despite doing a count before battles. I then realized that I could use the effort for the shake system, which can then be modified with an X-Cast. Also, the Pendulum OG system isn't decoded yet, meaning that I'm limited to DMOG, DM20, and Pen20 (And maybe D-Spirit if I can decode it, so I'll just use the DMOG system with effort only being affected by the count and XAI.
    Last edited by MegaSonic; 09-21-2019 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Adding spaces between items to declutter text