With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update on Pumpkinmon Egg in ReArise- New Digimon Will Be Available Before Japan

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Oh I didn't consider the Ripper at first that makes sense Jack already gets the Jason Voorhees treatment of having supernatural elements added to him including being conflated with fabled London attacker "Spring-heeled Jack" so why not combine him with the mythical Jack of the Lantern.

Hell, Medievil 2 gave us this ghoulish take on Whitechapel's most infamous serial killer:
    Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 08-23-2019 at 12:23 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I think people expecting a grim dark Nightmare Soldier may be disapointed when to me, that silhouette basically screams "Japan still loves Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas and Would You Be Interested in Brook from One Piece with a Pumpkinhead?"

Oh I'm not going to deny that Brook with pumpkin head is a possibility but even then, people forget that Brook's gotten scarier as the series has gone on and the nature of his Devil Fruit has been shown.

He may started as a joke character but there's a reason his title is "Soul King" Brook:

Hell, Jack Skellington isn't someone to be fucked with either given that he earn his title of Pumpkin King through being as the scariest monster in Halloween Town and was the one to put down the Oogie Boogie Man.

So while it's probably not gonna go full Jack the Ripper I can completely believe Pumpkinmon's Digivolution being tonally close to "Soul King" Brook, baby!
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 08-23-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I just hope he still has a Jack-O-Lantern face.

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    I think we might get Jack Skellingtonmon, judging by the slender silhouette.,

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    19th century Victorian English gentleman
    For a Data type (Pumpmon's Data type) while Voltobautamon for 18th or even older century Italian gentleman Virus type...

No idea for Vaccine type which fit well to... Since all kind of century "gentleman" images in any countries aren't perfect.... for Vaccine types by just imaging so hard. I guess it's just my viewpoint.

Jack skellington? I tried to check its origin for research on the old folklore stories and didn't find any. Or did I overlooked it?

Jack Skellington is the main protagonist of the 1993 film The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I come from the net
    I know him very well since I was a child. I think he is pretty original character from Disney. There is no old folklore tale based on him. Unlike other Disney movies who were based on the original folklore/fairy tales. Oh well I was under impression of he is based on the mexican fairy/folklore tale...

I don't expect something much different from Piedmon or pinochimon from that silhouette.
    The silhouette really reminds of Petin the dark clown from yugioh
    Last edited by DigiGrader; 08-24-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    I know him very well since I was a child. I think he is pretty original character from Disney. There is no old folklore tale based on him. Unlike other Disney movies who were based on the original folklore/fairy tales. Oh well I was under impression of he is based on the mexican fairy/folklore tale...
    Jack Skellington is basically a mishmash of several dozen ghost stories/dark fairytales and minor death gods. Jack O'Lantern, the Boogeyman, Bucca-Boo, Baron Samedi, etc. etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast