With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Appeal of V-Pet

Follow Amnaeal On Twitter
    "Temporary Evolution" Now That I Don't Mind at all, my Digimon going Back to Child Stage by Default that's ok with me.
    Now Add Some Method or System Where my Digimon can feed himself, like I'd leave him food in a storage or space or even a fridge, and he Trains in a gym, Learning how to perform First Aid, following a preset list of Commands and instructions on how to handle himself if I can't be around, if there's a V-Pet Like that Count me in!
    The Darker Picture Is The Correct One

My apologies for coming into this thread as my first post, but I really felt like I needed to have a say in things. Anyways, as somebody who is currently playing through World for the first time with a friend (it's also the first Digimon RPG I had played), I'll express specific reasons why I do enjoy it and I really do think it's not nostalgia to think it's good, given that this game is fairly new to me:

• First of all, I feel like the gameplay style is fairly unique as an RPG, taking the mechanics of the V-Pets in an RPG and it seems pretty unique for game involving 'mons to just simply focus with one monster rather than a party of 3, 6, or even having a load of them in your disposal. And this said monster is capable of changing its form into many, many kinds of species with the numerous branching paths. All which is dependant on how you raised it. The feeling of having it become an awesome killing machine or a piece of garbage by your decisions is pretty incredible. I do like how Digimon teaches you both on responsibility and patience, which is what you need to beat this game. And really, how often do you have a game with poop mechanics? Very few.
    • I feel with the AI-controlled battle system and having just only one Digimon to care for, it really actually have a bit of an emotional drive in battles. You spend a lot of time trying to raise it, hoping it can do it's best. It may not make it out of it alive, but still you will want to cheer for it. And there can be plenty of luck-based surprises that happen while you are raising it or fighting other Digimon.
    • The death mechanic may seem very cumbersome, but it's actually a good way to put balance to the game. Even if nothing lasts forever, it actually prevents you from grinding it stats so mindlessly, as if you spend too much time training, your Digimon could very well meet the end of its life to reset all stats back to square one. So you have to utilize strategies to progress further. I feel like the flaw with a lot of RPGs is that the difficulty dies away easily if you happen to grind too much.
    • The environments were pretty nice and open, like it was nice how I can go like anywhere I like after doing a few things early on. Although it's true there are certain conditions to get into certain areas, it's large enough and feels like I'm encouraged to explore, rather than go into some kind of linear goto route, which can be the case for a lot of games. Plenty of discovery to find.
    • Plus, as you progress and recruit Digimon, the Digimon will upgrade your city and it can be a good feeling to constantly come back to it to see it change around with new buildings and NPCs to talk to with amusing dialog. Plus, they also will make it easier for you to progress further in the game by making the training/raising parts of the game easier, so it's actually fairly rewarding.
    • Praise aside, I think the biggest problem with the game is mostly just it may be a little cryptic-ish when you get started with virtually nothing telling you on where you need to go--aside from searching for recruitable Digimon, or how to properly raise your Digimon. So I actually had the need to use a guide to playthrough this game, since I would like to have an idea on what I'm doing.

There are other reasons on why I like it, or other possible gripes, but I think these are the ones I can think of from the top of my head. Regardless, I think it's a pretty good game.

I do think the Digimon games aren't exactly everyone's cup of tea for the difficulty and varying gameplay styles from what I heard. It's not like how in the mainline Pokemon games where it's got a consistent, solid formula and a simplistic difficulty level to be playable for a casual audience. Also RIP, I had to redo this post because I lost the finished post from a timed logout.

Oh yeah, as for the thing with Jijimon, the Greymon fight is triggered only if you talk to him after having the right level for your city. If you happen to lose, Greymon won't show up again in the Village of Beginnings from leaving the house. You still can leave to get the items you need, and to raise your Digimon, whatever or not it had died. So you won't have to worry of being stuck in some kind of loop of an unwinnable fight. So talking to Jijimon is all you need to bring back Greymon.
    Last edited by Cenrji; 08-25-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks For Making Your First Post Here.My "Problem" These Days Is With The Creators Of The Digimon Franchise, and The People They Choose To Direct Them, "Like The Director Of Tri" That guy Had no Business to be there Period!Sorry got Sidetracked... anyway my point is they're not improving or coming up With new ideas.I would love an "In-Game Digivolution Comprehensive List For me To Use without having to play Months/Years or go online to figure out, Id like the Digivolutions to not be Overly Complex, Like in DW1 In order to have a Devimon You have to lose once "I'm not sure I read it on A Wiki Page"They're Re-Using Same old tricks of the past.New Gaming Mechanics and smarter AI's Would help, I'd Like my Digimon to Do Stuff on his own, and Simplified Gameplay.

I disagree. I don't really follow with how say there's the lack of new ideas, since they do change it up. IMO, it really just sounds more like World and the general V-Pet experience is not your cup of tea for enjoyment, and I totally understand that. Fortunately for Digimon, there's like many different games with their own ways on how you raise and battle Digimon. As you know, World 2 is a different experience and there's also the Story series.

Also I'm guessing you just looking for a game that works exactly like the anime? Well, I have good news for you: Adventure did had a direct game adaption for the PSP, although Japan-only, but a finished English translation hack does exist. DMO from what I checked also had linear evolution paths with 4 stages per line.
    Last edited by Cenrji; 08-25-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Well your both right and Wrong, I hate having to train/raise my Digimon repeatedly it's exhausting and I don't have the time cuz I'm busy with life.it would be nice if the company made a V-Pet for busy adults who have been Digimon fans but no longer have free time as before.Also do people by different Tamagotchis "hope I didn't spell that wrong" and keep older ones they used to have, I think that's kinda wasteful.

Well, there is Meramon food glitch in DW1 if you don't want to deal with the hassle of training or battling for stat.
    Last edited by kintang; 08-26-2019 at 07:36 AM.

What Glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaeal View Post
    Now Add Some Method or System Where my Digimon can feed himself, like I'd leave him food in a storage or space or even a fridge, and he Trains in a gym, Learning how to perform First Aid, following a preset list of Commands and instructions on how to handle himself if I can't be around, if there's a V-Pet Like that Count me in!
    I wouldn't want it to be too automated, because at that point, why even have the life sim stuff at all anymore? I'd stick to just making the Digimon less needy, more hardy, and more autonomous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    I wouldn't want it to be too automated, because at that point, why even have the life sim stuff at all anymore? I'd stick to just making the Digimon less needy, more hardy, and more autonomous.
    I understand. I'm not saying the whole thing should be automated just the Important stuff Food/Pooping/Health/Training, maybe just one of those things.Or better yet there can be automated functions with Restrictions or payments that'd make things a bit more exiting!

What Glitch?
    Turns out it's not Meramon, but Digitamamon's food that is glitched. After Digitamamon is recruited he will sell food at the restaurant. His food has a stat boosting effect. However there is a glitch where his food will not satiate your mons. As such you can keep feeding your mon until you have the maximum stat, if you have the bits to support it. But this is pretty much near end game already, so you may have no need for this glitch yet. But this is another glitch that you may already have access to: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...world/45263356

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast