With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Is Ogremon X's "WEEK END" a reference to something?

I come from the net CloneWarrior's Avatar

Is Ogremon X's "WEEK END" a reference to something?

Since it's an attack using an electric guitar, is WEEK END a reference to a rock group or musician or something like that?

Add saifors on DeviantArt
    As far as I know there are no rock, punk or metal with something like weekend in the name, It could be something looser like referring to how people would rock out and party during the weekend? That would be my best guess.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    reminds me of the Goedendag, a medieval club with a spike but it also means "Good Day"

Has no one entertained the idea that belonging to a Japanese franchise the attack might be a reference to a Japanese band?

less than 10 minutes of googling reveals that "WEEK END" (spelled exactly like the attack, in all caps and with an unnecessary space) is a gold certified hit song by X Japan, a very influential Japanese Rock/Metal Band:

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    i donīt think any of us looked that deeply into it, anyway thatīs interesting.
    also i dunno if itīs cause itīs from the 90s but thatīs pretty tame, not to bad though.

also if you like rock/metal and that kinda stuff then there are a couple good bands and songs from japan actually, i stumbled myself into some niche jmetal cause of a niche game :P

this track in particular is really great

I come from the net
    That would fit perfectly. Yes, J-Rock or Metal can be interesting. Like the well known(for a lot of anime fans) Visual Kei bands.