With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Memorial Story Project Details! Episode Titles, Blu-ray, Figure, & More!

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arisniko1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Fourteen out of fifteen* Adventure kids and their Digimon are being crammed into what will be, at minimum, a 1hr 30m film.
    I'm sorry but who are the 15 Adventure kids that are supposed to appear? Aren't they 13 counting Meiko? 8 original+4 02 and Meiko? Who are the extra 2?
    I miscounted. My bad!
    Lol ok. I just thought that maybe I missed something and panicked because I agree that there might not be enough screentime to have quality time with all of them... *sigh*

Follow Pimsan On Twitter Add Pimsan on Facebook Add Pimsan on DeviantArt Add Pimsan on Google+
    So will this crowdfunding also available to other countries?

Added updated translations of things thanks to onkei.

On top of general cleanup, we also have the quotes from Hiromi Seki and Yosuke Kinoshita, along with a small rewards chart.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    The most obvious interpretation of that to me is that the person doesn't gain any rights to the character and those rights stay with Bandai and/or Toei and/or another affiliated company.

Whether they are ever used or not.

In more fun discussion...

There are a number of those items that I really want...
    What really? It sounds like they won't give a copyright to the character to me so its just going to be a piece of artwork.

I really hope Im wrong though.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    In case anyone is wondering, Kenji Watanabe has stated via Twitter that this 5 brand-new original partner Digimon won't become official Digimon afterwards...at least in theory!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    1. How are you so sure that the 02 characters are going to show up in this? I mean they don't even appear in the promo poster. Furthermore, not to mention they had already literally 6 films in which half of the time were slice-of-life scenes, which is what this animation is about.
    That one of them has jogress in the title is of course, not a guarantee of who shows up, but it's certainly a hint. Takeru and Hikari both had jogress' of course, but those were aspects that each required one of the 02 kids. So it could certainly 'focus' on those 2, but at least an appearance of Miyako and Iori in such stories would be required for them to be fleshed out, even as shorts.
    I would say the 'Jogress' thing would refer to Taichi & Yamato instead. It was a constant theme along tri.

2. I feel really 'off' that Adventure being by far the richest part of the franchise needs a crowdfunding to do something that it's not going to add anything relevant to the plot itself. Don't expect this to be nothing more nothing less than the Digimon Adventure 3D Grandprix film or that tri. CD Drama settled in the beach which was included in the DigiFes 2016 compilation.
    Crowdfunding is the umbrella term for the concept, but there really isn't crowdfunding being done here 'in general'. The shorts have been made for their desired goal. Spend a bit extra, and have shorts to show at a special event, and possibly some other events in the future. The crowdfunding is effectively being done akin to a 'this is the 20th Anniversary, and it'd be nice if we did a bit more with them, here is the budget we've set forth to do so', which is the crowdfunding aspect.

And of course, they said from moment one they are shorts and side stories. If you have unrealistic expectations of what they are, that's on you.
    I don't have unrealistic expectation, I just think this media deployment is unncessary for Adventure (again).

3. I just hope they don't make the mistake of focusing all the plot into Taichi & Agumon. One of my biggest complains about Our War Game! OVA is the fact that half of the cast is just sidelined because reasons...and that feels shabby to be honest. I would rather prefer if they follow the Diablomon Strikes Back! OVA formula in which every characters gets kinda of a decent amount of screentime.
    You can keep calling the films OVAs, but they aren't. They are significantly different things in production, usage, budget, etc. In recent years that's definitely become slightly more muddled, but there is no confusion on what any of the things you've named are.

As for which method works better, I'd say War Game worked better in telling an actual story and having characterization, which is one of the benefits of sidelining out characters. It isn't perfect, and the Diablomon method is certainly another way to go.
    What's the main difference to begin with? I just see OVAs as shorter movies.

I'm aware of that and of course it's just my assumption of things, but we may suppose if that OVA hadn't been that vastly successful, there's a chance the anime would have been different (shorter or who knows). If not, I don't see the point of having an introductory OVA right a day before the anime première. I mean, at least that's how things usually work in that business. Even though, there are many other examples of this among the franchise. For instance the Re: Digitize/Decode case.
    Ignoring that we know the show was planned to be a year long (we literally have quotes from the head writer that it's why he signed on to do it), and nothing minus the show or it's product line doing insanely bad would have changed that.

Your issue is you seem to think the film is introductory. It isn't. It's simply related. It wasn't a film people were rushing to see. It wasn't even a standalone release. It was part of a triple feature as part of that springs Toei Animation Fair. Digimon was at the bottom of the list of what people were going to see. They were going to see Dr. Slump and Yu-Gi-Oh.

The way you think things work in the business is clearly not correct. I'm also not really sure why you've mentioned Re:Digitize at all, especially since you don't really explain what the context was (it's suggested by what you were talking about, but not very well.) You seem to think the intro animation for Re:Digitize was an OVA?
    If that's the case, then I take back what I said!

About Re:Digitize and Decode I mean that Habu stated a while ago, Re:Digitize was just a portion of the full game he was hoping for (which is Decode), but he wasn't able to release all at once because of the available budget at that time. So to me there's no difference between the way Konaka approaches 'Digimon Tamers 2018'.

Talking about which, great thanks to some members on the forum for spreading the false rumour I stalked Konaka somehow about it (I only directly tweet him once about the possible Tamers sequel back then, unlike other users that were constantly harassing him). I've been stalked on this issue constantly lately for some reason not even being true.

What's the main difference to begin with? I just see OVAs as shorter movies.
    I mean... that's wrong. It has to do with a combination of how it's being released, which changes various elements of production.

OVA has nothing to do with length in any fashion.

About Reigitize and Decode I mean that Habu stated a while ago, Reigitize was just a portion of the full game he was hoping for (which is Decode), but he wasn't able to release all at once because of the available budget at that time. So to me there's no difference between the way Konaka approaches 'Digimon Tamers 2018'.
    Except that the game was a finished product. That they could do a 'producers cut' with more content later doesn't change that the original was a fully realized game.

There is an argument to be made that Konaka ignored the point of doing the audio drama in the first place, which was as a bonus to Tamers fans. Instead he made a mock pilot for something that seemingly Toei has made clear they don't want. So instead Tamers fans got a data dump that is unfinished, and very well may stay that way.

Talking about which, great thanks to some members on the forum for spreading the false rumour I stalked Konaka somehow about it (I only directly tweet him once about the possible Tamers sequel back then, unlike other users that were constantly harassing him). I've been stalked on this issue constantly lately for some reason not even being true.
    Your own actions has caused the way many people see you. You message staff and official accounts constantly, often with inane nonsense. When people have told you to not do it, or to stop, you've responded that you can do what you want.

And you can. So people are going to judge you as such.

Your post literally started with you linking to you bothering Kenji Watanabe on a subject that, whether you got an answer or not, he doesn't get to decide.

If a director of a new anime series in a year or two sees the Digimon, and wants to use them, the documentation we've seen suggests Bandai does indeed has the rights, and they'll go ahead and use them.

Takeshi Okano wasn't aware Surfymon was made into an actual Digimon until 10 years after he did the final design.

You've spent so much time sending random nonsense to official accounts and staff that you've literally built your own reputation as the person who just sends out a wave of noise.

Keep it on topic to the subject in future responses. If you want further info you can PM, but this isn't the topic for you to complain that some people don't like you.

Back to on topic conversation.

I wonder if the actual Blu-ray cover will use the art of the kids partying, or if it will have unique artwork, perhaps based around the characters who the stories focus on?
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    It would seem odd to use that art when the shorts will be about the characters as adults, but I guess they’re already using it for whatever reason.

Completely digital
    That one of them has jogress in the title is of course, not a guarantee of who shows up, but it's certainly a hint. Takeru and Hikari both had jogress' of course, but those were aspects that each required one of the 02 kids. So it could certainly 'focus' on those 2, but at least an appearance of Miyako and Iori in such stories would be required for them to be fleshed out, even as shorts.
    Maybe Hikari and Takeru reach a jogress evolution together (or speak about the possibility). Or maybe it's about Taichi and Yamato.

I find it difficult for focus on 02 kids in this Memorial Story. Not only because they are ignored on the cover and promotion, but also because the time of each story is very short.

I see more likely they focus on Adventure kids, since even them (except Taichi) will likely be minor roles in Kizuna

'To Sora' or 'To the Sky' is likely about Sora or Yamato (or both), while 'Medical Student, Jou Kido' is obviously about Jou.
    Last edited by Kon; 08-25-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I have a sneaking suspicion, albeit not one based in anything resembling solid evidence, that none of these shorts will be focused on Taichi. It seems that the movie is going to be pretty strongly focused on him, so if that holds true, it might be that these shorts are all about some of the other kids.

If I had to guess, I'd say that To Sora/To the Sky will be about Yamato and Sora; The Coveted Jogress Evolution will be about two of the 02 kids who don't have a jogress together (it's the 'coveted' Jogress evolution, after all, and by definition you can only covet something you don't have); Hole in the Heart could honestly be anyone, although I almost want to say it's Sora and someone else again; and Medical Student, Jou Kido, will, of course, of course be about Koushiro. That one goes without saying.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by WoolishlyGrim View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion, albeit not one based in anything resembling solid evidence, that none of these shorts will be focused on Taichi. It seems that the movie is going to be pretty strongly focused on him, so if that holds true, it might be that these shorts are all about some of the other kids.

If I had to guess, I'd say that To Sora/To the Sky will be about Yamato and Sora; The Coveted Jogress Evolution will be about two of the 02 kids who don't have a jogress together (it's the 'coveted' Jogress evolution, after all, and by definition you can only covet something you don't have); Hole in the Heart could honestly be anyone, although I almost want to say it's Sora and someone else again; and Medical Student, Jou Kido, will, of course, of course be about Koushiro. That one goes without saying.

It's possible Hole in the Heart is about Koushiro and Mimi. That could include some quick resolution to a certain situation that Tri brought, but never resolved.

That would let the story with secret title. If they don't focus on Taichi in that, maybe they can focus on 02 kids.

Of course, all this is just theory.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast