With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: I have a few questions about Digimon APPLI MONSTERS

Ain't got no mojo...

I have a few questions about Digimon APPLI MONSTERS

1st) Why can't Haru and the others "revive" Yujin right away? I mean, we have the robotic bodies, the back-up memory data, Haru, Den'emon, Rei, Hajime and Revivemon . I need somebody to explain that to me. Also, are we really sure that he's dead ? I mean, both Haru and Offmon seems too happy in the end.

2nd) Which version of Digimon app monsters is Canon? Manga or anime?
    I'm asking because the series has two different endings, one for the manga and one for the anime. Also, both versions differ from each other in many things. For instance, In the manga, Fakemon is actually Hajime, while Yujin is neither a traitor nor a robot and he's still alive. So, which version is considered canon? IIRC, Something like that happened with Xros wars as well.

Thanks in advance.
    P.S. I aplogise for any mistakes in my english
    Last edited by Ellie98; Yesterday at 06:43 AM.

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    To the second, both. Like in Marvel, everything ever published happens somewhere in the franchise's multiverse.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    For the first one, I think it is for safety measures. I mean they just went through with Leviathan who almost caused the end of the world and world needs time to rebuild. I think eventually yeah Haru is studying AI with the dream of reuniting with Yujin again someday...

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    For the first one, I think it is for safety measures. I mean they just went through with Leviathan who almost caused the end of the world and world needs time to rebuild. I think eventually yeah Haru is studying AI with the dream of reuniting with Yujin again someday...
    Are we even sure he's dead though? Just like TC/Ellie said, everyone seems too Happy (Haru has lost his Best friend, while Offmon his "human" buddy. Why should they be so happy?). Also, when he's in the library, Haru says that he's studying up on A.I. because "both Leviathan and Minerva are gone, but I'm sure we will encounter another incredible A.I. one day", He doesn't mention Yujin at all. I like to think that they have managed to bring Yujin back to life (After all, we have the bodies, the back-ups data and the people capable of accomplishing such delicate work). This would give the series a proper happy ending because, on the contrary, it would make Appmon darker IMO. Infact, If we assume that the data has been wiped out and all the bodies have been destroyed, then It means that Haru will never be able to bring his Yuujin back. That's pretty dark considering that Haru would have devoted his life just to recreate and revive his friend who doesn't exist anymore and will never remember his friend/creator. Also, That means they will never see each other again (and that Haru will never fulfill his dream as well!).
    I guess the authors/writers were too cowardly and have opted for an open and ambiguous ending that won't make fans who wanted Yujin to be alive mad nor will it make everyone who wanted him to die for good that mad either. At this point, I expect a sequel/2nd season to Appmon, or at least some sort of explanation.

Returning to the thread:
    1) Yuujin is still alive, IMHO; 2) Everything is canon, just like for Marvel and Persona.
    Last edited by Dodonick96; Today at 07:25 AM.