With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Remember how the DigiDestined had the Japanese police hunting them down?

Ain't got no mojo...

Remember how the DigiDestined had the Japanese police hunting them down?

What if they also received visits from American and Russian agents? Not to assassinate them or whatever, but to gather information on how to solve the whole Digimon crisis.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    it won't really do given how clueless the digidestined were...

Yeah, best I could see is them asking for help if their local digidestined couldn't handle something, like a Ultimate/Mega.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Yeah, best I could see is them asking for help if their local digidestined couldn't handle something, like a Ultimate/Mega.
    But they may consider the Japanese DigiDestined the biggest source of information regarding the Digimon crisis.
    Last edited by digibro217; 08-18-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Ain't got no mojo... Mild At Heart's Avatar
    It's a very interesting concept because any big government would definitely want to keep tabs on anything Digimon. But I don't think it would be so benevolent as to gather data just to solve a Digimon crisis; even if they were looking into doing that, they'd definitely want to have more control over Digimon and probably their partner children, too.

Like, on one hand, we can all understand wanting to control extremely dangerous monsters with laws or force if necessary, considering how OP their descriptions make them, but on the other, plenty of governments have bloody hands and have no problem bloodying them further. Overall, could we trust them to have info on Digimon and not try to kidnap and brainwash younger, newly chosen into child soldiers and use them to fight against perceived threats, or not try and strike deals with dangerous Digimon for power?
    Cute Justice Kick!
    Edit (my icon) made by flintlock!

Ain't got no mojo...
    We pretty much already saw that in shows like Tamers and Data Squad. Remember Gizumon? Hell, maybe even major corporations could take advantage of Digimon a la Weyland-Yutani.

I wonder how Tai and his friends would feel about the US and Russia laying eyes on them?

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    [QUOTE=digibro217;358875]
    What do you mean?

I mean depending which version you are talking about. If is the Adventure & 02 digidestined it would be quite different and they may give out information to police etc...Tri's digidestined seems so clueless and dumb like telling ghost jokes in the midst of another digimon terror attacks and obviously they had no idea about the digimon invasion too...

Completely digital
    I mean depending which version you are talking about. If is the Adventure & 02 digidestined it would be quite different and they may give out information to police etc...Tri's digidestined seems so clueless and dumb like telling ghost jokes in the midst of another digimon terror attacks and obviously they had no idea about the digimon invasion too...
    The "ghost jokes" was mostly to relieve the tension and negativity of the environment, I don't see so much trouble in that. At that point, they know about the digimon invasion.

I don't think Digidestined to be more clueless or dumber in Tri than in Adventure or 02.

The situation of digidestined in Tri is more complicated, since humans look more suspiciously at digimon.

PS: Also, digidestined doesn't colaborate with the police in Adventure or 02 either.
    Last edited by Kon; 08-25-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    The "ghost jokes" was mostly to relieve the tension and negativity of the environment, I don't see so much trouble in that. At that point, they know about the digimon invasion.
    This.

People complain about this scene and how the kids aren't travelling the world and fighting all these Digimon, but if you watched 02's world tour arc you'll remember that they were only able to get around the world by means of convenient high-speed transportation provided by Imperialdramon, who along with his partners is MIA in tri. That and the Digidestined would likely be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of all the invading Digimon. The way I interpret this whole bit is sort of a, "caught between a rock and a hard place" situation.

I was honestly surprised that arch from Adventure 02 was permitted to air since it was post 9/11. Digimon were attacking and governments were thinking these were terrorist attacks. That was a very sensitive subject at that time. Still sorta is. But I think the government/military stepping in is a cliche. I get why it's there but still annoying. Just have it go on in the background sometimes but not make the whole story about it. Fortunately Digimon didn't focus too much on it. At least early on. Tamers did a relatively good job on it though. But for me I was unsure if they were government agents or a private firm hired by the Japanese government.