With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Taichi & Sora (DigiFes 2019 CD) Scans and Product Breakdown

Taichi & Sora (DigiFes 2019 CD) Scans and Product Breakdown

The first CD breakdown in awhile, if I'm remembering correctly...

Taichi and Sora was the special CD release at DigiFes 2019 a few weeks ago.

It's a best of album containing 10 tracks, featuring Toshiko Fujita and Yuko Mizutani singing songs in character as Taichi and Sora (respectively.)

With both having passed recently (Mizutani a few years ago and Fujita just last year), a celebration CD makes sense, and the overall theme here feels a bit more subdued than we've gotten in the last few years with things, which comes across nice.

The embedded files are smaller JPGs from our gallery, so those shouldn't have any bandwidth issues. Click the images for big versions.

The scans went relatively well and there were no oddities or issues.

The CD was packaged in a CD-Album style case (the normal CD case most people are familiar with.)

The cover of the case is the front of an included booklet.

The cover is new artwork of Taichi, Sora, Agumon, and Piyomon on a grassy hill with a blue cloudy sky. The Adventure logo is included in the left corner, while cream colored framing is on 2 corners along with a light blue outside of the image, giving almost the appearance of a picture frame. You get Japanese text for the CD title 'Taichi and Sora' while their names are spelled out in English.

The back of the booklet is the same light blue, along with both the Digimon Adventure logo, and the Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary logo.

The first inner spread is different than most of the others...

We get a silhouette of the characters in light blue on white.along with just 'Taichi & Sora' in English.

The other side shows the background scenery from the cover, along with a tracklisting. The songs on the album are a collection of character songs, bookended with the boys version of Butter-Fly and the girls version of I Wish, the series opening and first ending respectively:
    1. Butter-Fly
    2. Go On For Eternity!
    3. Tomorrow Will Be More -Theme of Sora Takenouchi-
    4. I'll Turn My Courage Into Wings -Theme of Taichi Yagami-
    5. If we fly together
    6. Sky Blue Wind
    7. The New Sun
    8. Shiny Days
    9. Team
    10 I Wish

Song Credits: (1) Taichi Yagami, Agumon, Yamato Ishida, Gabumon, Jou Kido, Gomamon, Koushiro Izumi, Tentomon
    (2,4,7) Taichi Yagami
    (3,6,8) Sora Takenouchi
    (5) Sora Takenouchi and Piyomon
    (9) Taichi Yagami and Agumon
    (10) Sora Takenouchi, Piyomon, Mimi Tachikawa, and Palmon

Most of the rest of the booklet is lyric pages. Each is done in blue or pink for Taichi and Sora respectively. The art of Agumon and Piyomon appears, along with a silhouette of a soccer ball.

The last page includes credits on the right side, and on the left side is just a short bit of text in a pixelated font:
    ...Stupid Taichi.

It's a short booklet, and while it's mostly dedicated to lyrics, the small touches really stand out.

A scan of the disc itself.

It's a rather clean design for the disc. We get the text logo at the top with the blue sky background. The horizon changes to just plain white for the bottom of the CD, and the characters are silhouettes cut out of the CD label. It comes across as very simple and classy.

Because this was a full CD case, it had some art under the tray which I cracked open.

The art under the tray is just cream silhouettes of the character art along with the logo text for the CD title with the blue background

The reverse side of this is the actual back cover of the CD case. It features the album and track info, plus various other necessary details. The front cover artwork is featured, but this time it's Agumon and Piyomon running through the field without Taichi and Sora.

On the left side of the case was an obi card.

A basic but nice obi. Various information about the release. The bit on the front side has a bit of extra text (including the CD title):
    If it's with you, I can fly to the other side of that sky
    That sky-blue wind, I will blow one day, to bring courage to everyone
    Taichi Yagami & Sora Takenouchi
    Taichi and Sora.

It's a nice compilation CD that was released at DigiFes 2019 to celebrate the original actors behind Taichi and Sora. It has some nice little touches that you don't quite expect, but make it feel a little bit special.

The CD was listed as an early release at DigiFes, and not an exclusive, so seemingly we should get an announcement of a further release at some point. Whether that's a mass market release, or at pop-up shops and events isn't clear.

Thanks to KoushiroIZZYIzumi for making sure I was able to get a copy of the CD and onkei for translation help.

Lots of Digimon stuff is coming out soon and supporting us via our Patreon or donations would be greatly appreciated so that we can do more and improve the site. Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the CD.

Images are hosted on our gallery and embedded on the forum, so let us know if anything is acting up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

That page in the booklet with Sora's final line from "Our War Game!" is such a cute lil' touch.

Thanks for the breakdown!
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Tai X Sora Forever.

I come from the net
    ...Huh. I wonder who would be next in a CD like this. But that's real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    ...Huh. I wonder who would be next in a CD like this.
    Considering the existence of this CD was brought about by the death of two voice actors, I'm A-OK not knowing the answer to that question for a looooooong time. ^_^;
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

I come from the net
    Oh... Nevermind then. Let's forget that was ever said.