With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if 4Kids got Digimon?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ain't got no mojo...

What if 4Kids got Digimon?

Yeah, I know 4Kids is a dead horse at this point (they literally went under in 2017), but I can't help it. What if 4Kids dubbed Digimon from the first Adventure series all the way up to Tri? It can range from the surprisingly tolerable 4Kids from the Pokemon dub, to the painfully awful, political correctness-obsessed 4Kids from the One Piece, Tokyo Mew Mew and Sonic X dubs.

On a side note, what do you think would be the voice cast for a Digimon 4Kids dub?

Add Tero on DeviantArt
    I don't think it would be different from what Saban did.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    For sure it would've been different, but not necessarily in a good way.

We probably wouldn't get so many gags thrown in, but I question how much of the show would have remained intact, considering we have characters like Angemon, Devimon, SkullGreymon, and not to mention Revolmon. They outright removed an episode of Pokemon for featuring guns being pointed at characters' faces, and they awkwardly edited guns out of Yu-Gi-Oh! in a weird way. But imagine the looks of the 4kids execs when they see that Revolmon is a gun with arms and legs!

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post

We probably wouldn't get so many gags thrown in, but I question how much of the show would have remained intact, considering we have characters like Angemon, Devimon, SkullGreymon, and not to mention Revolmon. They outright removed an episode of Pokemon for featuring guns being pointed at characters' faces, and they awkwardly edited guns out of Yu-Gi-Oh! in a weird way. But imagine the looks of the 4kids execs when they see that Revolmon is a gun with arms and legs!
    They'd just skip the episode.

Also, Tai could be called... Kieth. and other such names. At least most other name changes are similar. Actually 4Kids are really into pun names but I'm not cringing enough to come up with any cringey Digimon related names.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post

They'd just skip the episode.

Also, Tai could be called... Kieth. and other such names. At least most other name changes are similar. Actually 4Kids are really into pun names but I'm not cringing enough to come up with any cringey Digimon related names.
    Not to mention Sora would be named Sally and Mimi would be named Lola.

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    I'm grateful 4Kids didn't have the license to Digimon. Considering how terrible the dubs under 4Chan was with all the needless censoring and changes in dialogue and even character's names, it didn't even resemble the originals in terms of story. So much of the original meaning was lost, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, even the Italian property Winx Club.

I didn't mind Saban, still don't. It wouldn't have been what it was or still is to the many fans today if 4Chan had dubbed it.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I doubt it would have made much difference. Maybe a little more censorship, but there was already plenty of that in the Digimon dubs we've gotten. For Revolmon in 02 they could have gone the Fusion route and recolored him, say his attack uses dark energy balls to send people to the Shadow Realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paruseruru mafubu View Post
    It wouldn't have been what it was or still is to the many fans today if 4Chan had dubbed it.
    4chan dubbing Digimon? That I'd like to see.
    Last edited by TMS; 08-06-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I doubt it would have made much difference. Maybe a little more censorship, but there was already plenty of that in the Digimon dubs we've gotten. For Revolmon in 02 they could have gone the Fusion route and recolored him, say his attack uses dark energy balls to send people to the Shadow Realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paruseruru mafubu View Post
    It wouldn't have been what it was or still is to the many fans today if 4Chan had dubbed it.
    4chan dubbing Digimon? That I'd like to see.
    Typo, didn't mean to write 4Chan, obviously meant 4Kids.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

Red shirt
    I bet they would censor that one scene in Tamers where Beelzemon kills Leomon.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by DPTronazel View Post
    I bet they would censor that one scene in Tamers where Beelzemon kills Leomon.

"Leomon, I shall banish you to the Shadow Realm Megalithic Mainframe!"

Either that or Leomon disappears for no reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast