With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What if 4Kids got Digimon?

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    Tamers wouldnt even get dubbed by 4kids because its Tamers and 4Kids cant comprehend the idea that a kids show could be dark. Also Terriermon's entire line and Beelzemon would trigger 4kids to no end.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Jeri's mom wouldn't be dead. Rather, she's moved away from home.

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Tai wouldn't be Keith, he'd just be Tye.

I think it would be heavily censored, probably worse than it was when it aired on Fox and when Saban dubbed it. I think they would’ve skipped entire episodes or even story arcs, and if they left the real world arcs in tact, all references to Japan would be gone. Even though Saban made a lot of changes to the series, it was one of the only anime at the time to shorten the Japanese names rather than just 100% Americanize them. It was also one of the only anime I remember at the time that actually acknowledged that it took place in Japan. If 4Kids had dubbed the series, Digimon would probably take place in New York or just some random made up city that looks like Tokyo.

Not sure about the voices, I think Saban had a much more diverse cast than 4Kids at the time. I agree with the post that said 4Kids wouldn’t even touch Tamers, they’d blow right past it. Maybe the only series I can see them doing properly might be Frontier.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Let's not forget the music that they would compose for the series.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I honestly don't think anything 4Kids might do would be worst than the Arabic dub which not only renamed character at random but made it out as if the Mons were "calling out to their older siblings" rather than Digivolving and tried to take out the fact that the Digimon were monsters.

As much as people rag of 4Kids for their questionable dubbing decisions, and I won't deny that there is plenty to rag on, at the very least they understand what the series they dubbed were about and kept that intact:

• One Piece was still a series about pirates going on an adventure
    • Shaman King was still about shaman in a tournament with their ghost partners
    • Magical Doremi was still about apprentice witches
    • Mew Mew Power was still about girls infused with animal DNA fighting aliens
    • Yu-Gi-Oh was still about trading cards becoming a professional sport

Mind you they probably didn't have the option to not keep the core concept of Pokemon, F-Zero or Kirby because Nintendo would likely drop the hammer on them but the fact that I just named some of the worst offenders when it comes to 4Kids' shenanigans and the core concepts of each shows just how much actually carried over into the 4Kids dubs.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123