With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What if 4Kids got Digimon?

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    4Kids would butcher Digimon. It would be funny if someone did a 4kids style fandub though.

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I doubt it would have made much difference. Maybe a little more censorship, but there was already plenty of that in the Digimon dubs we've gotten. For Revolmon in 02 they could have gone the Fusion route and recolored him, say his attack uses dark energy balls to send people to the Shadow Realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paruseruru mafubu View Post
    It wouldn't have been what it was or still is to the many fans today if 4Chan had dubbed it.
    4chan dubbing Digimon? That I'd like to see.
    Typo, didn't mean to write 4Chan, obviously meant 4Kids.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

I come from the net
    ...Somehow, that could be worse depending on who does it from there but... 4Kids doing it would make it suck somewhat. The best dub they ever did was Pokemon and even that wasn't too great. But we all know 4Kids sucked. Al Kahn was an old dumb racist... OK, those might have been a bit much but still. It'd probably be as good or slightly worse then Pokemon.

ERROR::DaiTigris.Location could not be found.
    Looking at 4kids and trying to find consistency in their dubs is like trying to find water in a desert, 90% of the time it's a mirage. Up to this point most people have generally mentioned the basics so I won't go over those again, but here are some edit's I could see them doing.

Angewomon is now wearing a full body skin suit. The Angewomon and Deviwomon cat fights are cut short in both instances. Deputymon gets edited over so he has no guns and now "throws mud balls" as an attack. They would cut the bit where Tai recounts getting slapped by his mom for taking a very ill Kari outside, they might mention him getting grounded instead. Matt and TK's parents aren't divorced and extra dialogue for them is added in when they appear in latter seasons to emphasize they are a happy couple. Last one I can think of is the D-reaper gets edited to heck complete with a pallet swap from red to a dark purple.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I thought the Saban dub already cut Taichi getting slapped?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Red shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiTigris View Post
    Angewomon is now wearing a full body skin suit.
    Kazemon and Zephyrmon would obviously get it too, like what they did with the Harpy Lady Sisters from Yu-Gi-Oh.

ERROR::DaiTigris.Location could not be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I thought the Saban dub already cut Taichi getting slapped?
    Ah apparently that was an edited scene. They removed the action of the event but the implication was still left with Tai's red cheek and his mothers raised hand. Sorry for my confusion I was unaware of the edit and even when it aired as a kid it was pretty easy to figure out what had happened.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Ah, I didn't know they'd left the handprint in.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

We've had the most insane localization choices already like when someone shortened Omegamon's crotch armour because they thought it was you know, an actual crotch in Fusion. And we already had a Digirap. Also yhat Angela Anaconda thing. Lol. Not sure anything could be worse than that.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by D O R U g o r a m o n View Post
    4Kids would butcher Digimon. It would be funny if someone did a 4kids style fandub though.
    Same. They already did one for Kill La Kill.

I can see the fist fight between Tai and Matt having even more edits than the Saban dub.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast