With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon ReArise Being Dubbed in English? Ben Diskin is 1st Actor Announced... maybe?

Digimon ReArise Being Dubbed in English? Ben Diskin is 1st Actor Announced... maybe?

A bit of a surprise!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Digimon ReArise Facebook has announced an English actor for Digimon ReArise, confirming the game will be dubbed into English!

Dorumon will be played by Ben Diskin, who Digimon fans will recognize as the voice of Shoutmon and Cutemon in Digimon Fusion.

Update- It appears this may have been announced early, or possibly in error. The post on Facebook has been edited to remove mention of Diskin, and Diskin has posted on Twitter surprise in regards to it.

Interestingly, they also list Takuya Eguchi as the Japanese voice of Dorumon, so perhaps the language will be selectable. In addition they had listed Herissmon, Agumon, and Takumi with only Japanese actors previously.

More updates to come on the cast, and likely soon!

Pre-registration for ReArise has begun:
    The Google Play Store for Android users.
    The App Store for iOS users.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Whaaaat? They're really leaning into this one, huh? I was not expecting a dub. Ben Diskin's a good VA too, off to a great start there.

I remember him being a big fan of Digimon too, so that's awesome! I'm definitely more excited for this game now.
    Mimi Tachikawa fanboy and proud of it.

Wow, not even the big fancy Cyber Sleuth games got a dub! I'm a sub fan for the Digimon anime, but I really prefer games to get an English dub, so I'm happy.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Ben Diskin also voiced both Numbuh 1 and Numbuh 2 on the Cartoon Network show Codename: Kids Next Door. What an awesome coincidence.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Holy shit I didn't expect that! that's great!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Interestingly, they also list Takuya Eguchi as the Japanese voice of Dorumon, so perhaps the language will be selectable.
    I certainly hope so. With the Japanese voice acting it's easier to tell when the English text goes off-script.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I hope they're able to get Tom Fahn (Agumon) and Sam Riegel (Kudamon) to reprise their roles, although in Next Order they used Kyle Hebert for all of Agumon's stages (he was originally MetalGreymon's actor in Fusion and did Greymon, Metal, and War in Tri) so they might do that again. Although I guess getting both would be good, Fahn for Agumon, Herbert for the rest. Salamon would be interesting as they have two choices, whoever did her in Next Order (uncredited) or Higgins from Tri. They could probably get Sorich for Elecmon as he did a bunch of voices in Tri/All-Star Rumble, and they got St.Pete for Leomon in tri. getting all these back would be great! although I can also understand if they want a different take on the characters.

edit: they've removed Diskin from the facebook post btw

Neat, I just hope they paid attention to how people reacted to specific parts of Next 0rder's dub and, y'know, don't do the things we didn't like. Or how I assume people reacted, I don't think I've ever sat and looked for others' reactions. Main thing being Rina's voice and all the super emphasized DRAYmon.

Updated the news.

The Facebook post has been edited, and Ben Diskin has responded with 'surprise' to the announcement.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast