With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odaiba Memorial 2019 Plus News Index

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Sora lives in Odaiba Mansion. I’m not at home at the moment, but check episode 27.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Sora lives in Odaiba Mansion. I’m not at home at the moment, but check episode 27.
    Well, I stand corrected.

However it was Episode 26 that had the scene of the flashback of Sora leaving the entrance of "Odaiba Mansion", not 27.

In that case, that means Jou, "Koh", and "So" technically live in Toei Daiba Ichi-Chōme Apāto 1-Gōtō.

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    It is the Odaiba Mansion Sora lived in as TMS said. We (my guide and I) spent a lot of time researching the show itself and other material when making the itinerary that year. The Searea complex is literally near the docks at the beach not far from the subway terminal at Daiba in Minato.

It was a two-room apartment like Taichi's and Hikari's in Advenure we were allowed to see. With the maintenance fee, the monthly price was very expensive she told us. The one-room apartments there were a little cheaper but it reminds me of New York or Southern California in the bay area in terms of cost of living, not a cheap location to live in. Very beautiful but not really practical to live there. A lot of the people working there like I said commuted to Odaiba from the mainland where the cost of living is much cheaper.

I did visit the observation deck at the Fuji TV station to answer your question, yes. The guide was a little in awe when we watched the scene in Adventure where War Greymon kicks the ball from the Fuji TV station into Venom Vamdemon with ease because it is huge.

It is the Venus Fort shopping complex at Palette Town where the Ferris Wheel is so I stand corrected. Been a few years and there is several shopping complexes there. We visited Aqua City also and saw the life-size Gundam robot which was really awesome. Got a ton of pictures of it.

Japan is an amazing place, we visited several hobby shops in Akihabara and in a more spiritual aspect of the trip, several Shinto temples around Tokyo. As a Digimon Adventure fan, this was a rare once in a life-time experience that I will never forget.
    Last edited by Paruseruru mafubu; 08-03-2019 at 12:35 AM.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Paruseruru mafubu View Post
    It is the Odaiba Mansion Sora lived in as TMS said.
    I did state in a later comment that he was right.

The Searea complex is literally near the docks at the beach not far from the subway terminal at Daiba in Minato.
    The Fifth Avenue complex isn't named Searea, just two of the buildings that are owned by one company, STARTS PITAT HOUSE Co., are under the "Searea Odaiba" brand of apartments and are the ones closest to DECKS Tokyo Beach shopping center which is across the street.

The Official Site of Searea Odaiba only shows two of the buildings of that particular complex as theirs aside from one of the Tomin Towers and Ichi-bangai.

Tai and Kari live in a building in the center of the complex which is not owned by the company and it's referred to as Tominheim Daiba 5th Avenue Building 4.

I'm assuming you meant the Yurikamome Daiba station when you said "subway terminal at Daiba in Minato" even though it's not really a subway but an elevated station since the only subway station on the island is the Tokyo Teleport Station of the Rinkai line which is outside of Daiba (as well as Minato City) and in Koto City, closer to Venus Fort.

The Fifth Avenue complex is actually closer to the Odaiba-Kaihinkoen station on the Yurikamome though.

The guide was a little in awe when we watched the scene in Adventure where War Greymon kicks the ball from the Fuji TV station into Venom Vamdemon with ease because it is huge.
    I would have loved to see look on your guide's face when you showed that scene.

We visited Aqua City also and saw the life-size Gundam robot which was really awesome. Got a ton of pictures of it.
    The Gundam statue (as well as the Gundam Cafe) are located at Divers City Plaza, not Aqua City.

Japan is an amazing place, we visited several hobby shops in Akihabara and in a more spiritual aspect of the trip, several Shinto temples around Tokyo. As a Digimon Adventure fan, this was a rare once in a life-time experience that I will never forget.
    I think every Digimon fan should visit this country (particularly the Odaiba area) at least once in their lifetime if possible. It's an experience like no other.
    Last edited by KoushiroIZZYIzumi; 08-03-2019 at 09:25 AM.

I was speaking of the Odaiba-Kaihinkoen station yes. I meant specifically we visited Aqua City also, not meaning to indicate the Gundam statue was at Aqua City. We ate at the Gundam café in the Divers City Plaza and it was very crowded let me tell you. Should have worded that better. We visited Divers City Plaza, Aqua City & the Venus Fort shopping complex before riding the Ferris wheel there. Saw the replica of the statue of liberty too on a waling tour of the city.

Their building is sandwiched in the center of the complex there, why it became evident you can't actually see the Ferris Wheel from their apartment like in the show in real-life. You have a nice view of the other building. But that was 20 years ago when Adventure debuted and I noticed Odaiba even then in 2013 has understandably grown and changed a lot over the years. Digimon sites as they were then are vanishing or being covered up as time moves forward. I was lucky to have been there when a lot of it still existed.

That's an interesting fact, it actually being the Tominheim Daiba 5th Avenue Building 4. They just referred to it as being apart of the Searea complex when we visited near the docks at Daiba close to the Odaiba-Kaihinkoen station. Anyway, I noticed pretty quickly it faces in the complete opposite direction that I knew from Adventure. A view of the Ferris wheel is what I expected but any view is obstructed.

The look on his face was fun to watch because he was surprised how strong the Ultimate Digimon were they way War Greymon and Metal Garurumon were tossing the ball around effortlessly. They weren't very big compared to some other gigantic forms like Metal Greymon, and he said Tokyo gets destroyed more by Digimon than Godzilla ever did.

One of my most memorable experiences was coming to Odaiba from Hikarigaoka and having a teenage Japanese girl on the train fall asleep on my shoulder. She just literally slumped over with her head on my arm. I agree that any fan if possible, should visit here once in their life but I understand for many the cost makes that impossible sadly.
    Last edited by Paruseruru mafubu; 08-03-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Funny story: I visited Tokyo again in 2016 and had my Digivice Ver. 15th with me.

It was almost as if the stars aligned as I just happened to be standing next to the Odaiba ferris wheel the very moment I cleared the game and beat Diablomon.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Funny story: I visited Tokyo again in 2016 and had my Digivice Ver. 15th with me.

It was almost as if the stars aligned as I just happened to be standing next to the Odaiba ferris wheel the very moment I cleared the game and beat Diablomon.
    I had a similar experience. I carried a few special items with me on that trip, Taichi's Ver. 1 Adventure Digivice, the Tag and Crest of Courage prop that I wore around my neck & my card deck from the Hyper Colosseum. I have an MP3 player loaded with the original Digimon music and as I stood looking out over the bay as the sun sat on that Odaiba Memorial Day, I remember playing 'Butterfly' and was just completely lost in the moment as nostalgia swept over me. I knew it was a once in a lifetime experience that will likely never come again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12