With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Kizuna Flyer, Questions for Movies Screening, Plus DigiFes Wrap-up & Fan Poll Answers

Kizuna Flyer, Questions for Movies Screening, Plus DigiFes Wrap-up & Fan Poll Answers

A few different things to go over...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, a new flyer for Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna is apparently making the rounds after DigiFes.

At first we thought it was a postcard until a tweet by GraffArt mentioned they had begun to give them away.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The other side of the flyer, and a photo from GraffArt of them.

The text from the side showing the Adventure-style/era art, translated to English thanks to onkei:
    Do you remember that special summer when they first met?

There have been dangers that fall upon the digital world and the human world again and again. Seeing the everyday life that comes after they overcome each crisis, both human and Digimon begin to see the beginnings of a coexistence between their two vastly different lifeforms.

During these developments, the now university student Chosen Children regroup to face a threat that involves the entire world once more.
    Their long adventure that began in the summer of 1999 is about to reach its end.

This is the last story of "Taichi Yagami and Agumon (and co.)" that takes place just before the Chosen Children become adults

Some fun teaser text, and nice that they sort of add in that even though they are adults in age, they're still growing up into who they will become.

Thanks to nak_3122 for the other photos of the flyer.

Then we have a small bit of fan participation...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

For the upcoming screening of the Diablomon films, they are collecting questions from fans (just about those 2 movies.) Kenji Watanabe and Seki Hiromi will answer the selected questions.

To have the question be noticed to be potentially answered, ask your question and include the following 2 hashtags- #デジモン #横浜メモリアル

Prior information about the screening is here.

Then last up, some wrap up for DigiFes. Various images and a general press write-up was posted to a number of sites in Japan. (We may add more translated details below later.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Some various bits that were talked about at DigiFes, but haven't generally been detailed very well...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The display shows a bit more new art of the 02 Digimon with their new Kizuna designs, plus the new 02 actors being introduced.

In addition, some minimal details about the scene with the 02 kids they showed. It was apparently they saying hello to Miyako after not seeing her for a bit due to her studies.

Natsuki Hanae talked about how Taichi and Yamato are now college students, and how they even go to a bar/pub to drink alcohol, and have a talk between themselves.

Sakamoto jokes that Agumon plays an active part and talks about more than his stomach.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The entire cast read a short audio drama 'Another August 1st', about the Digimon holding a meeting to surprise their partners, and give awards to each partner.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Miyazaki and AiM sung a Digimon song medley, as was previously announced, and the entire arena sang along with Butter-Fly.

A few more photos...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The event ended up running over 2 and a half hours.

The last thing...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The results of the fan vote they had done for DigiFes!

They included not just the fan vote questions, but a few cast specific ones also. Thanks to onkei for translations and ca37313cw for the detailed list.

The answers were split between both showings of DigiFes.

From the afternoon show...

Fan vote for Coolest Battle Scene:
    1) Omegamon vs. Diablomon
    2) vs. Apocalymon
    3) vs. VenomVamdemon

Cast vote for which human character they want to be for the day:
    1) Koushiro
    2) Yamato
    3) Mimi, Hikari (Tie)

Cast vote for coolest Digimon:
    1) Angemon
    2) Angewomon
    3) WarGreymon, Omegamon, Devimon (Tie) ...they apparently put up a photo of Vamdemon instead of Devimon, the MC joked that he would berate the staff later.

Fan vote for the song they want as their own theme song:
    1) Brave Heart
    2) Butter-Fly
    3) The Biggest Dreamer

From the evening show...

Fan vote of favorite scene:
    1) Last episode of Adventure (the train departing)
    2) Last episode of 02 (vs. BelialVamdemon)
    3) Last episode of Frontier (Kouichi)

Cast vote of human character that they admire most:
    1) Taichi
    2) Mimi
    3) Gennai

Cast vote of Digimon they would want as their partner:
    1) Hawkmon
    2) Piyomon, Patamon, Tailmon, Wormmon, Leomon (Tie)

Fan vote of favorite song
    1) Butter-Fly
    2) Brave Heart
    3) The Biggest Dreamer

Good wrap-up for DigiFes (and nice to see Hawkmon getting some love.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Those answers are a lot more varied than I was expecting, neat. Izzy is great, I grew to appricate him more as I got older, so I'm glad he's got some love - and I'm surprised Hawkmon of all Digimon won that other poll. I only know he from the dub, but he is pretty cool! love the accent lol.

Interesting answers to who people would want to be for a day. I mean, a lot of them have a tragic backstory so I'd easily go with Tai for being the most well adjusted, comparatively =P. Love the variety of answers though.

So, it appears this will be the last Adventure installment. Though we havent seen it yet, it makes me mad for various reasons...
    Tri. left a lot to be desired... we may have gotten Ultimate evolutions but not substantial screentime of them besides Omegamon. Too much teen drama and maaany plot holes...
    Dont even get me started about the 02 kids. I know that these complaints have been talked over again and again but come on! It makes me more than happy that they will be present in Last Evolution Kizuna but will it be enough with just one movie to satisfy 12 characters' worth of story?
    Let's hope that we get a series or movie(s) about the missing 3 years since the 02 ending and Tri. where the 02 kids were obviously having adventures before they were defeated by Alphamon... at least enough story to fill the gaping plot holes that 02 left...
    That being said I am most excited for another Adventure (pun intended lol)!!!
    Last edited by arisniko1; 07-30-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by arisniko1 View Post
    So, it appears this will be the last Adventure installment. Though we havent seen it yet, it makes me mad for various reasons...
    Tri. left a lot to be desired... we may have gotten Ultimate evolutions but not substantial screentime of them besides Omegamon. Too much teen drama and maaany plot holes...
    Dont even get me started about the 02 kids. I know that these complaints have been talked over again and again but come on! It makes me more than happy that they will be present in Last Evolution Kizuna but will it be enough with just one movie to satisfy 12 characters' worth of story?
    Let's hope that we get a series or movie(s) about the missing 3 years since the 02 ending and Tri. where the 02 kids were obviously having adventures before they were defeated by Alphamon... at least enough story to fill the gaping plot holes that 02 left...
    Not counting about Daigo and Maki's original group too...

Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arisniko1 View Post
    Not counting about Daigo and Maki's original group too...
    You know that didn't bother me THAT much... it was there as a tease and a nice continuity moment. The only thing that maybe I would have liked to know is why Himekawa's partner had to be sacrificed (5 wasn't a balanced enough number for Homeostasis? lol) and what happened with the Dark Ocean. I mean I get that she probably died or became Dagomon's bride instead of Hikari but all in all... what's with this Ocean??