With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digimon Links Shuts Down

Ain't got no mojo... DigitalJex's Avatar
    So I guess every mobile Digimon game is going to be pulled each time they make a new one? That's a bad business model

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalJex View Post
    So I guess every mobile Digimon game is going to be pulled each time they make a new one? That's a bad business model
    Is it? splitting your player base and running two games is pretty pricey and lowers the amount players/money made on both games.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    at the one hand, it's not that bad the Digimon Linkz lasted that long (2-3) years with constanting adding new digimons into the game...but on the other hand I can't really imagine the money the game has squeezed out of its players...

Add DL22003 on Discord Add DL22003 on Steam Add DL22003 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    It is officially shutdown but since the game was made with unity, it was easy to collect and log all client-server activity.
    So it is possible to create an unofficial server.

Also, it seems they had 2 clients: one for the public (which we used) and one for the administration (I found some empty admin related stuff in their binaries).

An unnofficial server would be nice for those who'd like to keep playing this game.

I come from the net
    There might be one that pops up. They did it for Toontown and that Cartoon Network MMO... Fusion Fall I think.

Ain't got no mojo... DigitalJex's Avatar
    Who wants to sink money into a game from a company that has a record of pulling from the app store every couple of years? Progress, effort, payments - all gone.
    nic-knock nic-knock nic-knock

I come from the net
    Yeah! It should be 5 or 10 years to terminate it! Too bad app game addictions are too strong to resist... :/

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    My wife wasn't happy when it shutdown. She's been playing it for a long time and just got her favorite Digimon (Dukemon X & Crimson Mode) when it was terminated. I really don't get into these app games for this exact reason. Some of them are really good and you can waste a lot of time and money and then it's all gone.
    "Omega of Power" ALL DELETE ACTIVATE! http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps21b18232.jpg

“Guardian Deities” X-Evolution 「守護神 Shugoshin ゼヴォリューション Zevoryūshon」
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps51c69459.jpg

"I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Ἐγώ εἰμι τὸ Α καὶ τὸ Ω "Egō eimi to Alpha kai to Omega")
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps4ae9aec3.jpg

I come from the net
    That one flaw with mobile and MMOs. They go down. But this can also effect console games too. This wraps into lootbox problems. I have a good video link for that though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12