With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Super Mario Maker 2!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook

Super Mario Maker 2!

I noticed that a topic hadn't been made for this game yet. Surely I'm not the only person who has it? Anyway, here's a thread for sharing the levels you've made, or levels you've found that you liked, or the usual "random commentary." If you haven't bought the game yet, I highly recommend it. It feels like it's about five times as versatile as the original game was, and even if you don't like to make a lot of your own levels, there's endless content made by other people (not to mention a story mode and challenge modes). I especially like the greater variety of aesthetics available.

So far I've only uploaded one level of my own, Cavern of Flame (JH3-LD9-0VG). It's the first in a series of levels based on H. P. Lovecraft's novel-length story "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath. I'll keep posting them here as I finish them. I think I may have made Cavern of Flame a little difficult for a "first level," but I doubt most people will play them in order anyway. If you play it and don't hate it, maybe give it a like or comment, so Nintendo's less likely to take it down lol. Naturally that goes for any levels forum members share here.

Anyone else have levels you'd like the forum to try? Or comments/questions about the game itself?
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    I've uploaded less than a handful myself, but my personal favourite is this recreation of the first level of Alex Kidd in Miracle World (M08-1BP-78G).

I did this once before on the original Mario Maker, but vertical levels weren't possible then so I was limited with what I could do. This time, I think I pretty much nailed it.

One of my favourites that I've played is this one named Ludonarrative Dissonance (KD7-1SC-F3G)

I played through your levels, wildwing. Recreating other games' levels in Mario Maker is an interesting idea. I've considered making some Castlevania levels that way, though Dracula's castles have a decided dearth of molten lava... Ludonarrative Dissonance was pretty funny, partly on account of the comments.

Here's my second "Dream Quest" level, the Enchanted Wood: NWL-T99-7QG
    It's longer than the last level, but considerably easier.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories

My boy plays a lot this game. I played it maybe once or twice, and that's it. I remember playing one nice track titled "To the Moon", but the next time I ran the game it disappeared from my favourites. But if I had to choose my favourite and still available course, I would choose Super Castlevania Bros: 5WW-0MF-TMF (which of course is not mine).
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Hey, speak of the devil! Someone already beat me to a Castlevania level. I've added it to my "likes." Still might take my own whack at it eventually.

My third level, The Cat Mario of Ulthar, is now up: K9Q-YLB-LXG
    MY PROJECTS

Took forever, but I've finally finished my fourth course, "The Other Gods," based on the Lovecraft story of the same name: BR9-65K-0SG
    It was a little tricky to design, and is a little tricky to play.

Here are a few levels by other people that I've liked (and that haven't gotten a lot of exposure yet). First, "The Lost People," CRG-F4R-N8G. Secondly, "Mario's Under Water Experience!," N1K-9V5-TDF.

Any other forum-goers made or discovered courses lately?

Edit:
    If anyone wants to read the story this new level is based on, you can find it here: http://hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/og.aspx Previous levels have been inspired by "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath," which can be read here: http://hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/dq.aspx There are further adaptations of parts of the novel coming up.
    Last edited by TMS; 08-16-2019 at 11:11 PM.
    MY PROJECTS

Finally made a new level. I got maker's block halfway through it months ago and just got around to finishing it tonight. It's another in the "Dream-Quest" series, "The Black Galley": RDW-RK7-8QG
    MY PROJECTS

Dec 5th, Mario Maker 2 will get an update featuring among others the Master Sword from Zelda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjgg0M_rgzM
    Last edited by Nemomon; 12-02-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.