With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 02 Characters in Kizuna, Character Designs & Cast Info

02 Characters in Kizuna, Character Designs & Cast Info

A big pre-DigiFes surprise!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The 02 characters in the new movie!

Int he new art Iori is dressed for school, Daisuke's outfit at first glance appears to be a take on a Japanese chef's jacket (with new goggles, or glasses... will likely be easier to tell when we get them higher resolution), while both Ken and Miyako are dressed in more casual outfits. At first Miyako appears to have an entirely new style, but the more I like at it doesn't feel 'super' different for her.

On top of confirmation of their appearance, and a look at their new designs, we also get a few other things...

First, we get a look at the new designs for their Digimon partners. All look much how you'd expect, but a bit more streamlined (the biggest change to my eyes feels like Hawkmon.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Daisuke will be played by Fukujuro Katayama, who was the lead in Ping Pong and has played Bluestreak in a few shorter bits of Transformers.

Ken will be played by Arthur Lounsbery (I believe this makes him the second American to play a lead in Digimon in Japan?), he's likely best known as Kaito Tsukigami in Starmyu.

Miyako will be played by Ayaka Asai, who has been in Laura in Aikatsu Stars, Jeanne in High School DxD, Hazuki Kato in Sound! Euphonium and Liz and the Blue Bird, and Mio in Testament of Sister New Devil.

Iori will be played by Yoshitaka Yamaya, he's likely best known as Tomohito from Assassination Classroom, Marx from Black Clover, Itsuki from Rising of the Shield Hero, and many other roles.

The cast for the 4 Digimon isn't confirmed yet, but based on the 8 Adventure Digimon, and that V-mon and Wormmon's actors are guests at DigiFes tomorrow, the old cast returning for all 4 wouldn't be a surprise, but hopefully we can get that confirmed one way or the other shortly.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The last piece of art appears to just be a comparison between their old and new designs.

Update- Changed the character layout and cast image to a better version.

The designs of the Adventure kids and their Digimon in Kizuna can be found here.

Update- Did some digging around and here's a bit more...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Clean versions of the art for all 8!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I---
    I was not expecting this but this is a pleasant surprised!! I'm even more excited for this movie! Even if they don't have a big part, I'm happy that they'll actually exist lol.
    Mimi Tachikawa fanboy and proud of it.

Ain't got no mojo...
    and just like that Last Evolution has regained a fair amount of the trust that Tri smashed. Now if only they don't ignore Meiko/Meicoomon and try to fix them...

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    They exist!?

I hope Wormmon and Veemon aren't too upset at probably getting killed in Tri lol

Ain't got no mojo... Katsu Hikaru's Avatar
    I knew the orginal maker of the Adventure would not let us down she is going to show how u really make a Digimon movie.

Though now I'm really wondering who is the the main villain it must be extremely powerful since we got to see a small look of Omegamon's digivolution sequence used in Tri.
    I really hope it's Demon because it would make sense since he did say he would return and Dark Genai even mentioned him and Diablomon would be insane if it was both

Huh, wasn't expecting that! They'll more than likely be tertiary characters at best (it's one movie, people are expecting a miracle...), but it's still nice that they're getting full designs.

Not super feeling Ken's haircut or Davis' clothes, but everything else looks pretty spot on!

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    With many characters, it could be quite the cluster fuck. May as well throw in Meiko too lol

Now for everyone to wonder what they do for megas. Will Toei stick to Imperialdramon, GranKuwagamon, and Valkrimon? will they go new? will they jogress, since TK and Kari don't really need to? now for the fandom wars to begin again!

Only for Alphamon to kidnap them in the first ten mins again.

but I think the best way would be for 01 to fight Diaboromon, 02 Daemon, and then I guess they combine together to defeat both after they fuse into evilsatanmon

In terms of design, I think Davis looks too much like Mikey... and Ken honestly doesn't really look like himself to me.

This gets my hopes up!
    I hope all of them getting their own, unique ultimate and mega. ALSO Iori and Miyako still doing jogress with Takeru and Hikari, and we get Silphymon and Shakkoumon evolution too. It's the only chance we can get

I come from the net
    What...?

No... Way.

Wut

Speechless.

Vmon and Wormmon are alive. They better explain about that Imperialdramon infected. AND Maki's fate.

Updated with better looks at the art.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast