With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MetalGreymon X (Virus) Short Profile & Better Image, Plus Reference Book Update!

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I kinda love the X-counterpart of MetalGreymon (Virus), but it looks more like the X-Antibody form of MetalGreymon (2010) instead lol You can see clearly the Gaioumon pattern there!
    I mean... it's a MetalGreymon, and it's blue, but other than that I don't see much resemblance to the 2010 version.The Gaioumon influence is definitely there, though. I love me some Greymons, but as I said in another thread, Gaioumon would've been a better fit for the X2 instead of BlackWarGreymon X.
    I don't know really how to explain it, I just see Metal Greymon XW & X-Antibody designs quite more 'edgier' than the regular MetalGreymon Virus itself.Not only that, one user on Twitter has wisely pointed out that MetalGreymon Virus X is really similar to Gaioumon X Burst Mode, the fan-Digimon created by As'maria that never got to see the light!

I come from the net
    It's really weird seeing MetalGreymon (Virus) X having Diablomon X horns. And the decaying skin on that horns... I thought it was supposed to be cyborg'ized Rhino beetle shell helmet so why should it get some fleshy? Did it became fused like a turtle that cannot be separated from its shell inside its unique anatomy?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Not only that, one user on Twitter has wisely pointed out that MetalGreymon Virus X is really similar to Gaioumon X Burst Mode, the fan-Digimon created by As'maria that never got to see the light!
    Yet, Shinji. Yet​. His day will come!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Eh, probably not, I mean why would it?
    That we've gotten that many new X Digimon is already way out of the ordinary and for any new burst modes to be introduced on top of that already unlikely scenario leaves very little chance.
    There's just very little precedent for this happening, in fact Beelstarrmon might just be the only instance of a previously non-canon design becoming a proper Digimon after a while.
    And nothing about the two is really comparable considering that Beelstarrmon is a variation of a very well known and prominent Digimon, while Gaioumon himself is nothing more than a C-list design himself. In terms of exposure, Beelstarrmon has been showing up multiple times in official merchandise sold from the P-Bandai store and artwork included with official products in the years immediately preceding her official release.
    The fan book "Gaiomon X" debuted in on the other hand has zero official connection besides artist involvement, was released over 6 years ago with no follow-up on anything and in general in terms of influence and closeness to the "source" of canon the difference between Kenji Watanabe who designed the majority of Digimon species and As'Maria who, despite being one of the more common guest illustrators still designed less than 30 species, we are literally talking about a difference in an order of magnitude.

Honestly we've got a better chance of Miyazaki's lion mascot getting turned into a new Leomon subspecies at some point.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Eh, probably not, I mean why would it?
    That we've gotten that many new X Digimon is already way out of the ordinary and for any new burst modes to be introduced on top of that already unlikely scenario leaves very little chance.
    There's just very little precedent for this happening, in fact Beelstarrmon might just be the only instance of a previously non-canon design becoming a proper Digimon after a while.
    And nothing about the two is really comparable considering that Beelstarrmon is a variation of a very well known and prominent Digimon, while Gaioumon himself is nothing more than a C-list design himself. In terms of exposure, Beelstarrmon has been showing up multiple times in official merchandise sold from the P-Bandai store and artwork included with official products in the years immediately preceding her official release.
    The fan book "Gaiomon X" debuted in on the other hand has zero official connection besides artist involvement, was released over 6 years ago with no follow-up on anything and in general in terms of influence and closeness to the "source" of canon the difference between Kenji Watanabe who designed the majority of Digimon species and As'Maria who, despite being one of the more common guest illustrators still designed less than 30 species, we are literally talking about a difference in an order of magnitude.

Honestly we've got a better chance of Miyazaki's lion mascot getting turned into a new Leomon subspecies at some point.
    Gaioumon's recent appearances are a lot more "exposure" than bellestarrmon considering it's yuuko's partner digimon in cyber sleuth and hackers memory, shoma's partner digimon in next order, and takumi's partner digimon in digimon rearise. if anything, gaioumon has been over exposed the last 5 years and he's getting stale

I'm pretty sure he was just joking...

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Gaioumon's recent appearances are a lot more "exposure" than bellestarrmon considering it's yuuko's partner digimon in cyber sleuth and hackers memory, shoma's partner digimon in next order, and takumi's partner digimon in digimon rearise. if anything, gaioumon has been over exposed the last 5 years and he's getting stale
    That has barely anything to do with what I was talking about. I didn't say a single thing about BelleStarrmon's exposure after she got canonized, and don't think it's especially relevant.
    What would have been relevant would be actual artwork and cameos for Gaioumon Burst Mode showing up which is exactly what is not happening for it.
    And yes, getting used as partner for side characters in video games is exactly what those kinds of C-List Digimon are used for, so I'm not sure why you are bringing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was just joking...
    That's a possibility but I also feel that there is a point where a joke falls so flat that, especially on the internet, it's too frustrating to just stand by.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    The point was he's more relevant and main stream than her. You were saying bellestarmon was because she was in a vpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    The point was he's more relevant and main stream than her. You were saying bellestarmon was because she was in a vpet.
    If you carefully read my previous posts you will notice that I never mentioned anything about the V-pets even once.
    And once again, how popular or unpopular Beelstarrmon ended up being after getting canonized is missing the point. The actual comparison would have to be between Gaioumon and Beelzebumon and that's a very different level of exposure.

Ain't got no mojo...
    The erismon line is sex, looks soooooooo good.

Like most recent digimon designs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast