With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MetalGreymon X (Virus) Short Profile & Better Image, Plus Reference Book Update!

MetalGreymon X (Virus) Short Profile & Better Image, Plus Reference Book Update!

Almost have all of these now...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Bandai has revealed art and a mini profile
    for another new Digimon in the X2! This time it's MetalGreymon X (Virus)! This leaves only one more new X-Antibody Digimon from the X2 that we need higher resolution art and some sort of profile for.

MetalGreymon X (Virus)
    On it's left arm is the Trident arm, Altarus, which can switch between 2 modes. It's also been equipped with an energy booster that, at it's maximum output, lets it exceed the speed of sound

This one is one of the more exciting ones it seems, since the design is quite a bit different from the normal MetalGreymon X, rather than the expected recolor.

We had got low res clean art for him yesterday, after previously appearing in V-Jump.

On top of the big art and short profile for MetalGreymon X (Virus), we also get a MASSIVE reference book update!

Another huge reference book update!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Kiimon
    A Slime Digimon with a nasty look in its eyes that is constantly scowling. Despite its young age, it dislikes herding with others and lives a reclusive life. It enjoys messing with others while staying hidden, pestering them by squirting water mixed with paint from its mouth (Pushuu 'Squirt').
    Yaamon
    A Lesser Digimon that evolved from Kiimon. It has a grouchy personality; whenever it sees Digimon playing and enjoying themselves, it will spit out its "Paint Splash" from its mouth and cover them in ink. Seeing the dumbfounded expressions on the Digimon's faces brings Yaamon joy.
    Plotmon X
    Otamamon X
    Mammon X
    SkullMammon X
    PrinceMamemon X
    Vamdemon X
    *The effect on Vamdemon's Digicore due to the X-Antibody
    Its face and body are merely disguises, and its real body is its cloak; it may appear to possess arms, but even those are just fakes. The inner framework of its Digicore has been strengthened, allowing it to unleash its full power even during the day. Its Special Moves are wrapping the opponent within its cloak and turning them into a bat (Vampire Theory), and stabbing the opponent with the claws on its cloak and absorbing their data (Bloody Drain).
    Mephismon X
    Rosemon X
    Filmon
    Stefilmon
    Rasenmon: Fury Mode
    Rasenmon

Since 'Fury Mode' is a perfectly fine equivalent for Rage/Gekiko we'll be using that until we hear any different, possibly from the localized version of ReArise.

Update- Any new profile details have been added above thanks to garm.

Pre-orders and more details for the X2 can be found here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    Wow now that is so much better. Filmon and StelFilmon artworks are really huge surprise.

Damn MetalGreymon (Virus) X's whole cyborg equipment body is completely different from MetalGreymon X! Even its horns got the flesh skin... And more angry veins (It returned?!) so it got two modes in that Railgun arm. Sweet upgrade! The talon toes got extra edges... What menacing look it got.

Can't wait to see their Antibody Effects in the translations.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I may be wrong since my japanese is not very good but regarding Vamdemon X it says that the cape (and mask) are his real form while the head, body and "arms" (that aren't there to begin with) are just decoys. Also its DigiCore got reinforced so its not longer weaker during daylight. His techniques are trapping the opponent with the cape and turn him into a bat (familiar?) "Vampire's Theory", and piercing the opponent with the glowing spikes to absorb their data (Bloody drain)

Overall its a cool concept that references VenomVamdemon in a way

I come from the net
    Wow usually few Child and other Ultimate ones with X forms borrowed only some appearance image of their next level forms. But to think this Vamdemon X directly borrowed VenomVamdemon's "True" form, that mask plus it granted new resistance against the daylight... I wonder if that "decoy" is fine with its handsome face being damaged in the battle? Hahaha... So it wasn't error design of long feet or Demon types with abnormal limb lengths and oversized sleeves, it's just whole Nohemon's style decoy puppet... X Antibody Effects are so much fun to read.

Junior Commander
    The legs are pretty normal length. It's mainly just the sleeves that are long. Though he is wearing his belt a bit too high.

Vamdemon X's design is fun and interesting. I like the idea of his cape and mask being his true form, it gives him a spectral vibe.

Ain't got no mojo...
    New romanizations (official):
    Keemon
    Yarmon
    Stiffilmon (Stiff, Stiffer?)
    Rasenmon: Fury Mode

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I'm guess Stiffilmon's name is a portmanteau of Stiff and Fil, presumably in reference to Filmon, like how Dorulumon's name is a portmanteau of doriru (transliteration of drill) and garuru which is the basis of Garurumon's name.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 07-24-2019 at 11:29 PM.

MetalGreymon is amazing. I can't figure out what his arms second mode would be though. I hope we get concept art of it somehow. Maybe a sword or claw? I never cared about any of Vamdemon's designs but I love his X Antibody. (Unless VoltBoutamon counts.)

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I kinda love the X-counterpart of MetalGreymon (Virus), but it looks more like the X-Antibody form of MetalGreymon (2010) instead lol You can see clearly the Gaioumon pattern there!

Loving all this new additions to the DRB! Digital Monster X Ver.2 has definitely my very best favourite X-Digimon gang by far! Special mention this time to Mephismon X! I'm living my Digimon Fluid Gender Fantasy <3

Vamdemon X gives me some VoltoBautamon vibes and I dig it! I can totally see him evolving into either Bagramon or Raihimon in the V-Pet as a fact!
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 07-25-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast