With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Adventure 20th Anniversary Crowdfunding Project to be Announced at DigiFes 2019

Adventure 20th Anniversary Crowdfunding Project to be Announced at DigiFes 2019

Well, this is a new one...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

At DigiFes this weekend, it's been announced that 'some' sort of Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary crowdfunding project will be announced.

It will be done via the Japanese crowdfunding platform Booster, run by Parco and Campfire.

The site has a number of projects, quite a few being anime and toku themed, so it appears 'whatever' the Digimon item is will fit in well.

A few examples of semi-recent anime/toku related projects on the platform have been:
    Exclusive Pretty Cure 15th goods, with the proceeds being used to build a library in the Philippines.
    An art book featuring the boxart for many Gunpla.
    A similiar artbook for Ultraman
    A limited edition One Piece figure (I may be misreading, but I think sales were to help renovations on a shopping center in Shibuya?)
    A few different theater renovations.
    Gatchaman themed suits
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Junior Commander
    Digimon projects I'd invest money in:

1. A new categorization/reorganization of all digimon species and their evolutionary relationships.
    - Filling in the blanks of evolutionary lines/trees, switching levels around if needed, making final decisions on the type of each species.
    - X variants for all non-X species, and perhaps even non-X variants for all species that have the X-antibody by default. (This one in particular could be a separate, standalone project as well.)
    - Retconning, redesigning and including creatures previously considered/introduced as non-digimon digital life forms from various products (manga, games, series, etc) where appropriate.
    - Reinvention of the more rough, vague, overdone or clunky designs.
    - Digging up and refreshing whatever scrapped concepts, designs, early versions or variants if needed to fill in the blanks.
    - An attempt at normalization of the level of complexity and the level of humor/horror of all designs (at least per evolutionary level).
    - Transformation of all recolors, subspecies, variants into genuinely different species (think WereGarurumon/WereGarurumon X, or MetalGreymon X vaccine vs virus).
    - Official art in the style of the original digimon art as well as in a more updated anime style for all digimon - even ones that didn't have any up until now, especially the long forgotten contest winners.
    - Appmon forms for all digimon and digimon forms for all appmon (little more than adding/removing the cables, basically). Some already have direct equivalents in a sense, and they would need either more of a differentiation to be rendered separate species, or to emulate more of each other's style/design to be considered direct counterparts.
    - Establishing evolutionary relationships between all digimon and appmon.
    - Publishing all these as a book.

The one I desperately want to see re-appropriated into an actual digimon is this one, which would be THE perfect Angemon-x-Ankylomon DNA evolution:

2. Video game or manga adaptations of the first three seasons, along with the various spin-off films, audio dramas, mangas, and games included as additional chapters.

3. Anime or manga adaptation of the Cyber Sleuth games with a lot more material/details/backgrounds/arcs etc as well as both the male and female player character and a main digimon partner for each of them established as proper characters.

4. Digital pet smartphone app that actually has high end graphics and online/mmo functionality.

5. Reissue of the card game with updated rules, including all (or at least, most) species and only one definitive card per species.

6. A richer, more focused, mature, """realistic""" and expansive retelling of the Tri chapter in whatever form/medium possible.

7. Kakudou's third Adventure series (the vs Aliens concept; wherein it would be nice to see more expansive arcs about how the kids got their megas so that their non-eventful evolutions in Tri made more sense), as well as the project he wanted to create after Tri, if it was a different concept. If not as a series, then, naturally, in whatever other form/medium possible.

8. A Call of the Cthulhu type of film, novel, manga or visual novel with Hikari, Dagomon et al.

9. The Tamers sequel series. If not as a series, then, naturally, in whatever other form/medium possible.

10. Anything (film, series, manga, audio drama) that would retcon/reestablish the 02 kids as active, present characters in Tri and/or the follow up that we are getting now.

Hope youíre willing to invest your life savings into that book (current, future, and life insurance included). All of those projects are way larger in scope than any of the examples mentioned in the original post.

I would love an English release of V Tamer, but thatís nothing more than a pipe dream, and I feel like whatever this is will be new (rather than translated, retconned, recompiled, or redone).
    Last edited by Jmac28211; 07-22-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac28211 View Post
    Hope youíre willing to invest your life savings into that book (current, future, and life insurance included).
    My house too, probably! Totally worth it!

I donít know what they are planning but Iím not a huge crowdfunding fan, especially coming from a big company like Bandai. Whatever it is, I hope its suitably niche enough to warrant this approach. Judging by the provided examples, we are probably getting some kind of merch out of this though.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    It would just be an omnimon figure or something lol. No where near what that first post said. Plus, why would we go from evolution branches to forcing everything to only have one evolution each?

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Plus, why would we go from evolution branches to forcing everything to only have one evolution each?
    I never suggested that, that would be terrible! If that's how you read it, it was probably poor wording from my part.
    Last edited by Grimmon; 07-22-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmon View Post
    Digimon projects I'd invest money in:
    Snipped some for space and I had no comment. No comment. Although it would be sweet to get rereleased Battle Collesuem cards or an artbook with all of them. Will be keeping an eye if there are any more updates.

Junior Commander
    Do we have a timeframe for this?