With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September V-Jump- Survive, Cyber Sleuth, Kizuna, & new Digimon!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

September V-Jump- Survive, Cyber Sleuth, Kizuna, & new Digimon!

V-Jump time!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's just about time for the September issue of V-Jump to come out and we have everything early!

This issue is mostly batches of news for things we got a couple weeks ago, but there are a few new things of interest....

First up, the initial 2 page spread is dedicated to Digimon Survive and Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition (Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory for Switch in Japan.)

Most of the information here is bits we've seen before (and generally recently) for both games, but we'll have them looked over for any new bits to translate shortly.

The main element that will be of interest to most will be the screenshots from the Digimon Survive animated intro, as shown at Anime Expo.

The Digimon section has been 2 pages recently in V-Jump, but this month it's expanded to a 3rd page due to the amount of things they are showing off...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The left portion is for Zillions of Enemy X since there isn't quite enough Digimon stuff to cover 4 pages.

The Digimon content on this spread begins with Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, showing off a few promotional screenshots and images, along with showing various bits of information we got recently. With DigiFes next week, we can likely expect a bit more next month.

Next is a section featuring the 'end of Season 1' content for Digimon ReArise, including Rasenmon.

To the left of ReArise we get a section showing off some of the cards from the Digimon Card Premium Edition releases that will first be available at DigiFes next week. Featured are Taichi and Agumon from the Carddass set and Omegamon from the original Digimon card game set (more commonly known as Hyper Colosseum.)

At the bottom right we get a preview of Precious GEM Beelzebumon and Behemoth.

Last up, instead of the Digimon social art corner, which has appeared recently, we get new artwork for 3 new Digimon appeaing in the Digimon X2 V-Pet:
    Agumon Black X is new artwork, but as expected is effectively just a recolor of Agumon X using black and red.
    Vamdemon X shows us his new art and our first look at the new design. It appears to keep elements of his regal design, while adding emphasis to elements like his wings and collar. It makes me think Castlevania when I look at it.
    MetalGreymon Virus X is the big surprise though. We were expecting a recolor, but he gets an entirely new design as opposed to being a recolor of MetalGreymon X. It appears almost every aspect has been redesigned for this new version of MetalGreymon X, from obvious elements like his energy cannon, to a new armor design and energy wings.

Hopefully we can get some cleaner images soon that doesn't crush the blacks quite so much so we can see more of these new designs.

Thanks to TechnicalSuwako for the images.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Now I wait super impatiently for official art of Vamdemon X

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    Now I wait super impatiently for official art of Vamdemon X
    You are not alone. He looks amazing and I can definitely notice the Castlevania like elements. But Iím highly anticipating MetalGreymon (viral) X and BlackAgumon. The former getting a complete redesign is a huge surprise, while Iím a sucker for the latter.

Only Lady D is left?

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    All that's left now is LadyDevimon X huh?
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    All that's left now is LadyDevimon X huh?
    And Angewomon I think?

I come from the net
    Whoa MetalGreymon (Virus) X isn't even recolored anymore. Now he got that GIANT RAILGUN ARM. That metal helmet resembles to GaiOumon's helmet instead of MetalGreymon X's. And BlackAgumon X looks very raptor-ish.

Surprisingly Vamdemon X got... Handsome chin? And that Kamina Glasses should belong to Rasenmon instead... lol But he look even more Dracula-ish which is great!

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    That metal helmet resembles to GaiOumon's helmet instead of MetalGreymon X's.
    I imagine that was not an accident given that Gaioumon itself was designed to be BlackWarGreymon X before it became its own thing.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Whoa MetalGreymon (Virus) X isn't even recolored anymore. Now he got that GIANT RAILGUN ARM. That metal helmet resembles to GaiOumon's helmet instead of MetalGreymon X's.
    Now that you mention it I can definitely see a resemblance. Arguably, Gaioumon would've been a better fit for this instead of BlackWarGreymon X.

Anyway; MetalGreymon looks fantastic and I can't wait for the clean art. Vamdemon was well overdue for an X form and he looks pretty great too. BlackAgumon looks like a baby DarkTyrannomon which makes sense in context, and the red stripes are a nice contrast to regular Agumon X's blue stripes.

Junior Commander
    I expected MetalGreymon Virus X to have darker skin since his sprite has a black body (as opposed to the white body for the regular MetalGreymon Virus's sprite in the Digital Monster), but this is much better than I expected. It's a much "darker" design while still retaining the blue skin.

Add saifors on DeviantArt
    New Survive screenshots confirm Diatrymon, Biyomon and Gazimon to be in the game, shows a sort of abandonde mansion/castle area (Always nice to have environment variety)
    Also gives us a closer look at the new UI for both battle and the VN part.
    Aside from that it shows the new art from the posters at anime expo and I assume the screenshots of the animated cutscene means they''ll likely upload that soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast