With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Important Notice

Important Notice

Ok people, you need to stop freaking out about things that you want to see or appear to be missing. We are still setting up here. Almost everyone is still learning how the board works. There's a few kinks we need to work out before we really go into full operation.

Skins (ie, forum colour options). We haven't had time to do anything here. Options will be forthcoming eventually once we get everything else going. We don't want to be working on purely cosmetic items until we actually have the board running the way we want it.

Things that appear missing may not actually be missing, but just off by default on your profile (read my sticky on settings before complaining there's no quick reply options).

Please understand that because of problems stemming from the old boards (may go down any second, can't put up new avatars, can't post attachments etc) these new forums may have had their grand opening somewhat earlier than we would have liked.

Therefore please limit the comments mentioning the stuff you'd like to see soon for a few days until we know what is and is not actually here that's on the old boards. If something is broken, please do tell so that it can be fixed, but if it's a convenience item or something cosmetic, lets wait until we know what we're doing before moving onto those things.

Board rules will also be forthcoming, but for now, please follow the same guidelines as posted in the old forums.

[s]As a note, forum avatars must not exceed 100x100 pixels. In order not to force a scaling resize which would make avatars not 100x100 (for example 50x100) look really weird, the dimension limit is a bit bigger than that. If your avatar is larger than 100x100, please image edit it down to that size.[/s]
    Edit: Ok, apparently forum avatars can be up to 125x125 pixels. If they are larger than those dimentions, they will not display at all. Therefore, please resize your avatar appropriatly BEFORE trying to link or upload it.
    A general guideline for now is that you also not exceed 50kb for your avatar. Signature rules remain the same as before for now.

We also have spell check now for posts, please do make use of it.

Ain't got no mojo...

Re: Important Notice

Do your best guys. ^^ And if you need any help, I can be a volunteer!

(By the way, is it just me or your avatar is really broken?)

Please note, if I come across people who's signature has a broken image, I will send you a PM telling you the problem. If you don't want to fix it, that's fine, but having little red Xs in your sig probably isn't appealing, and probably not what you had in mind.

More text options: Yes, we have many more text and font options than before. Feel free to avail yourself to them (strikethrough is a great tool if you need to edit information in your post). Please don't abuse it. You want your text to be readable. If you want to test out some of the options, go make a post in the Intros forum in Random Stupidities and test it there while introducing yourself.

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH, USE THE SPELL CHECK OPTION. Your posts look better because of it. It's a really good tool to use on your longer posts that you actually expect people to read.

Because a lot of topics being created are continuations of topics available on the old forums, I want this guideline followed in terms of the first post (whoever creates the topic):

[hr]Reference: Link to old forum topic

Your post

[hr]

I'm also going to have to ask that you only make the topic if you plan on adding meaningful discussion. I already see a few topic creation posts that are simply summarizing the info in the old thread rather than actually contributing to the discussion.