With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon: New Century Art and Theme Song Info & ReArise Updates

Digimon: New Century Art and Theme Song Info & ReArise Updates

A few small mobile updates...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, a few small update for Digimon: New Century, the upcoming Chinese mobile game.

The games page on Weibo has been updated with a short description and a QR code.

The QR code allows you to follow the game on WeChat, while press text mentions it being an original setting for the game that will have an animated story, and they hope it will have the fun of your childhood, gaining skills to fight with your partners in various combinations and seeing the view of the digital world with fair play, etc. (That's a very rough translation, the tools I use don't work that well with Chinese compared to Japanese and various other languages.)

In addition, we get a nice big promotional image for the game that they are using as a background (above) featuring a number of popular Digimon.

It appears the formal announcement of the game is today, along with theme song news for it.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It will be sung by longtime Digimon singer Ayumi Miyazaki, who will be on hand at ChinaJoy 2019 (the China Digital Entertainment Expo and Conference), being held on August 2nd thru 5th, to present the song.

On top of New Century, a ReArise update...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

ReArise has finished it's first 'season' of content in Japan (we won't be going over any plot elements due to spoilers and the 'soon' to launch English version of the game), but the game does confirm the normal Ultimate for Erismon is simply named Rasenmon.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Completely digital
    oh boy, since Encounters didn't get any actual updates for months, it's just painful to see that they're announcing another digimon game. This is why I don't like chinese-made games even though still Bandai Namco. Probably they're dumping Encounters for this

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    oh boy, since Encounters didn't get any actual updates for months, it's just painful to see that they're announcing another digimon game. This is why I don't like chinese-made games even though still Bandai Namco. Probably they're dumping Encounters for this
    On the bright side, a new game is another good opportunity for new Digimon. I'm looking forward to that at least.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Wasn't there supposed to be a song for Encounters? I guess they moved it to this game? and I recall they were supposed to get voice actors too, and never did. They just straight up abandoned Encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be a song for Encounters? I guess they moved it to this game? and I recall they were supposed to get voice actors too, and never did. They just straight up abandoned Encounters.
    You have a bad habit of just making stuff up out of thin air when you don't remember something.

I can't speak to the voice actor stuff (I recall someone saying it had minimal voice acting, but nothing big.)

The theme song had nothing to do with Miyazaki, and we've had it for over half a year since it was announced, and used, in a trailer for the game.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.