With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Buying Spare Parts

Buying Spare Parts

Hey guys. I was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. I've been wanting to repair a few damaged Vpets I have. Some need new screens, some need soldering etc. Does anyone know where I might buy new LCD screens for the original Vpets? I have ebayed and googled to no avail so I am starting to think it isn't going to happen.
    Last edited by Snix; 07-17-2019 at 07:08 AM. Reason: extra info
    Hello.

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    Unfortunately they aren't really standard parts, and Bandai certainly doesn't sell them separately, so your best bet may be to buy the cheapest possible used vpet you can find and harvest from it.
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Update. I watched a few YouTube videos and i just pressed really hard on the screen figuring I had nothing to lose. Now I have two working screens after all these years of thinking they were broken! I still need to solder the sound wires on one, but i'm pretty chuffed with the unexpected results.
    Hello.

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by Snix View Post
    Update. I watched a few YouTube videos and i just pressed really hard on the screen figuring I had nothing to lose. Now I have two working screens after all these years of thinking they were broken! I still need to solder the sound wires on one, but i'm pretty chuffed with the unexpected results.
    Fantastic! The screens rely on pressure to form connections, so if you tighten up that connection any time you see it happen, you'll be good to go!
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20th Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th Digital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?