With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about a certain OP Digimon.

Question about a certain OP Digimon.

I vaguely remember Milleniummon having the ability to destroy every universe but found nothing. Was this stated somewhere or am I misremembering a certain Digimon?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Tbf that's not unique to him, Omegamon Alter-B in Next Order was going to destory the entire multiverse too, and then recreate/merge them all together to rule them all, whilst Lucemon X in Chronicle X wanted to "destroy all Digital Worlds".

Nope

If you talk about casually destroying Dimensions, then no we don’t have direct evidence of this. The profile for the various Millenniummon species describe them teleporting their enemies into oblivion, or imprisoning them into dimensions they created themselves. But that is not strictly speaking very impressive if we remember the “private dimensions” under the control of lower level Digimon such as Wendimon, Vademon and Mephismon among others.
    Milleniummon did split a timeline into two in its first appearance in anode/cathode tamer but it is questionable if he was a) consciously doing this and if b) if this can be classified as a destructive event at all.
    One could formulate an argument saying that given a world “a” that splits into worlds “b” and “c”, world “a” would no longer technically exist once the process is completed and could be theoretically counted as destroyed. But as all information contained in world “a” is accounted for in worlds “b” and “c”, I would argue that this reasoning is bullshit.
    ZeedMillenniummon is said to have taken over worlds in Brave Tamer (although with the help of his army of underlings) but again, destruction was never on the menu as far as I remember.
    There is familiar rhetoric of him endangering an entire world but so do most strong Digimon Villains. His profile states that he is trying to destroy “all eras and worlds” but the wording is important: As long as someone is only described as “wanting”, “planning” or “trying” to do such things then, if they don’t succeed at least go most of the way with that plan, their statement is little more than an unproven claim. I could want/try/plan to eat the computer monitor I’m looking at right now but that doesn’t mean that I would actually succeed.
    Last edited by Theigno; 07-17-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by SMite View Post
    I vaguely remember Milleniummon having the ability to destroy every universe but found nothing. Was this stated somewhere or am I misremembering a certain Digimon?
    Not remotely true. The part where no Millenniummon ever did that tells us as much.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Has a evil digimon ever succeeded in destroying multiverse? If I knew how digimon works there is always a good digimon who exceed the power level of that threat and destroy it or make strategic decisions and win.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnalord View Post
    Has a evil digimon ever succeeded in destroying multiverse? If I knew how digimon works there is always a good digimon who exceed the power level of that threat and destroy it or make strategic decisions and win.

If an evil Digimon destroys the multiverse, the franchise itself would end lol, cuz then every single universe is dead. I guess they could pull out some reason why it doesn't, and then uh... time travel or something to stop the baddie before he does it. Like, tbe bad guy wants to have the hero see it end, and then the hero time travels, but that sounds pretty bad.

no matter if they threaten to do so, they wont be allowed to. maybe killing half works better lol.
    Last edited by Muur; 07-18-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Oh, Thanks for the info ya'll! Even if he can't destroy every universe, Milleniummon is still probably one of the most overpowered characters in Digimon. Actually, Digimon could make it onto the list of "most overpowered characters in fiction."

Oh, Thanks for the info ya'll! Even if he can't destroy every universe, Milleniummon is still probably one of the most overpowered characters in Digimon. Actually, Digimon could make it onto the list of "most overpowered characters in fiction."
    That’s very unlikely. There surely are enough stories in the genre of speculative fiction, fantasy, cosmic horror, even good old regular human mythology that contemplate beings of absolute or close-to-absolute omnipotence (and which also don’t end up subdued by plucky teenagers because of shounen conventions), that Digimon won’t even come close.

I guess you're right, most overpowered does seem like a bit of a stretch lol. There are still some OP Digimon though, Omegamon is a good example if you've watched the movie. So is Imperialdramon if you count light speed as OPness.

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Really really really really really really not.

The WS Mille is not OP - he was just another Apocalymon with the protection of the Pokemon Shedinja. All it took to first beat that one was Ryo coming along to disable that defense, and it was done by Agumon (not WarGreymon because Ryo couldn't evolve) and a bunch of randos.

The XW Mille was even less powerful, in that it lacked the "cannot lose to anyone but Ryo" thing. It was being beaten up so badly by OmniShoutmon and ZekeGreymon that it needed several continues just to stay alive. *Exactly* like Roy Mustang vs Lust from FMA. Only reason Mille survived at all was that Taiki wanted to spare its victims from being consumed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast