With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Veemon supposed to be Veedramon's child stage?

Ain't got no mojo...

Was Veemon supposed to be Veedramon's child stage?

In light of discovering that Veedramon was an early mascot for the Digimon brand, is there any evidence beyond the similarity in design to suggest that Veemon was supposed to be a child form for Veedramon? And if so, why were Xveemon and co designed?

There are multi veemon lines. V-mon --> Veedramon is one of the lines, he's actually in v-tamer with the original Taichi. He becomes the royal knight Ulforceveedramon https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/UlforceVeedramon, who evolved from Aeroveedramon.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Snippet from Interview between Habu, Watanabe and Yabuno:

Habu: Itís almost like the stars happened to align while you were coming up with the setting for the manga. Come to think of it, Yabuno-san, you came up with V-dramonís design as well, right?

Yabuno: Yes, thatís right.

Watanabe: The V-dramon line is Yabuno-sanís original creation. Yabuno-sanís V-dramon was so cute, I felt that I had to create something even cuter for Digimon Adventure 02, which led me to create V-mon.

Habu: I see. But Zeromaru debuts in the manga already in his Adult stage, right? Is there a reason why he didnít appear in his Child stage?

Watanabe: At the time, there werenít really a lot of Child level Digimon who could put up a proper fight. Not only that, the manga only has to focus on Taichi and Zeromaru, but a lot more characters are included in the TV anime. If all the Digimon didnít revert to their smaller Child forms, itíd be hard to keep fitting them all onto the screen.

Habu: Yabuno-san, did you have any image of Zeromaruís Child form in mind, even though he didnít show up in Child form in the manga? Something like V-mon?

Yabuno: Oh, I didnít create any original ideas for his Child level. However, I did design him using C'mon Digimon as a base, so the keyword 'pet dogí still stuck with me. Not only that, Taichiís black wristband is a throwback to that one-shot as well.

Habu: Kenji-san, when did you find out about V-dramon?

Watanabe: We did hold a brainstorming session before the manga began serialization, so thatís when I found out about V-dramon. That was also when I saw the rough sketches for the manga and read the plot outline Izawa-san had written. The TV anime had already been confirmed at that point, so I remember having to look through the materials quite thoroughly.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Junior Commander
    V-mon was a newer addition based on V-dramon, who didn't have a specific Rookie at the time of Digimon V-Tamer.

Why did it receive a new line instead of using the old V-dramon line? Same reason for any other Digimon anime. For the main protagonists' partners, they create new Digimon specifically meant for their respective series, like how Agumon got a completely new line in Digimon Savers. There's the whole "new Digimon for a new season" mentality, plus it's easier to incorporate new concepts on a new design from the beginning, instead of retrofitting old designs with new concepts.

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Short answer, no.

Slightly longer answer, V-Tamer indicates that Zeromaru evolved from Agumon, not Veemon. My best guess is that Veemon was given ExVeemon because it was a separate thing, albeit based on Veedramon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    Short answer, no.

Slightly longer answer, V-Tamer indicates that Zeromaru evolved from Agumon, not Veemon. My best guess is that Veemon was given ExVeemon because it was a separate thing, albeit based on Veedramon.
    If I had to guess it was probably so they could make a toy that worked with Stingmon to make Paildramon.

I come from the net
    After Rina appeared first time, I suddenly already got used to V-dramon families that finally got a child form but at same time, I felt like it's more of the missing gap just got filled but it's not. Because I was so hoping "Bun" will be redesigned completely to fill in V-Dramon's missing Child level spot as V-mon subspecies.

It's just this Vmon (created by Kenji) created to be "cuter" based on V-dramon (Yabuno's creation) led me to suspect Yabuno doesn't have to create a child form for V-dramon because he was "given" V-mon from Kenji so Yabuno have no intention to bring back "Bun" or intend to draw Child version of V-dramon which I do want to see how Yabuno will come up with that Child version while Kenji imagines up for the solo evolution line for V-mon.... Is something all I ever think of...

But I won't get all worked up thinking like that. Honestly I'm completely fine with that (how odd... Very bizarrely)

Junior Commander
    Have V-mon and V-dramon ever existed in the same game without being part of the same evolutionary tree? Questioning the connection is confusing me. Clearly, certain individuals of each species in various stories come from/evolve into other species, but that is normal for any digimon, especially ones that have more than one official evolution path, like Agumon and V-mon.

For sure, I would be really interested to see a redesign of Bun into a... "proper" digimon. And likewise for various other manga exclusives, such as Deathmon X, Parallelmon, Metamormon etc. There's so many creatures and species that are part of the franchise but simply do not have any official profile art. What a waste! Not to mention the ones that have won contests and we've never got to see aside from pixel art.
    Last edited by Grimmon; 07-14-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Here's a follow up...

What came first? Veedramon's appearance in the Manga or its appearance in the V-Pet? I quite like the Biyomon to Veedramon evolution.
    My new and improved Digimon index!
    https://airtable.com/shr2CxL7m74ltmu...NVr6raDlOIMJae
    If you take a look, let me know what you think!

Junior Commander
    Regardless of what came first (which, by the way, was the manga), V-dramon was designed by the manga artist, who also designed HolyAngemon, Daemon, and the whole Arcadiamon line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast