With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: what's happening cosmicrow

Follow cosmicrow On Twitter

Question what's happening cosmicrow

Nothing. Nothing is happening. I just wanted to be a little more active, so, I made a what's happening thread.

I'm at work? I suppose that counts as something. What's happening with you today?

I have work in like 2 hours. What you do for a living? I'm working temp at a register. There is possibly a job waiting for me in the fall. Which would be GREAT.

I work for a web and software development company. I'm also a hair stylist (I do that out of my home during my down time).

Cool, I have a masters in social work, but I have no motivation to help anyone anymore. Retail destroyed my faith in humanity.

Aw... that's sad to hear. But it's definitely a demanding field that takes a lot of commitment emotionally (among other things). I don't blame anyone for not being able to spend a prolonged amount of time in the field. Just like nursing.

Dealing with shitty people was the main reason I got out of hair after almost ten years as well. A lot of people can be very selfish and have no regard for anyone offering a service to them. Honestly, in my new job, clients are very much the same, but I get to interact with them in a different way which leaves better room for venting during interactions. When I'm emailing a client for my current job it's easier. Compared to when I was doing hair and had to grin and bear any insults or argument that was tossed my way. Hairstyling was a thankless job and I'm glad that I can do it for family and friends at home now instead of for selfish strangers.

Holy crap, I'm freaking out *u*

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicrow View Post
    Aw... that's sad to hear. But it's definitely a demanding field that takes a lot of commitment emotionally (among other things). I don't blame anyone for not being able to spend a prolonged amount of time in the field. Just like nursing.

Dealing with shitty people was the main reason I got out of hair after almost ten years as well. A lot of people can be very selfish and have no regard for anyone offering a service to them. Honestly, in my new job, clients are very much the same, but I get to interact with them in a different way which leaves better room for venting during interactions. When I'm emailing a client for my current job it's easier. Compared to when I was doing hair and had to grin and bear any insults or argument that was tossed my way. Hairstyling was a thankless job and I'm glad that I can do it for family and friends at home now instead of for selfish strangers.
    I was thinking about getting into dog grooming. Rethinking it now as I can imagine the people complaining I cut their dog's hair now wrong lol or how upset fido is he had to stand for 20 minutes while I cut it.