With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just moved to NC, anyone else live here?

Just moved to NC, anyone else live here?

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else was in NC? I just moved here and know no one! I am from NY and this is very... different for me. I saw cows here.

Follow cosmicrow On Twitter
    I'm not from anywhere near the area, but congratulations on the move!

Cows! Exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicrow View Post
    I'm not from anywhere near the area, but congratulations on the move!

Cows! Exciting!
    NYC was way more exciting than this place, but thanks! Cows are awesome looking. Farms are interesting. I didn't know there were still farms in the USA.

I live in a small city. While it's expanding and i don't typically think of it as being -too- small, I'm always entirely overwhelmed when I visit Toronto. A huge metropolis like that almost makes me anxious. I can't really imagine living in NYC, but I bet (like Toronto) there was always something going on which is pretty neat. What was the reason for the move?

Quote Originally Posted by HotMagnus View Post
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else was in NC? I just moved here and know no one! I am from NY and this is very... different for me. I saw cows here.
    Iím from NC!

I'm not from there, but I do have relatives there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac28211 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMagnus View Post
    Iím from NC!
    Howdy neighbor!

I live in a small city. While it's expanding and i don't typically think of it as being -too- small, I'm always entirely overwhelmed when I visit Toronto. A huge metropolis like that almost makes me anxious. I can't really imagine living in NYC, but I bet (like Toronto) there was always something going on which is pretty neat. What was the reason for the move?
    NYC and the surrounding areas are extremely overpriced areas to live in. Renting a studio apartment with no washer/dryer or dishwasher (which is how I was living) was $1,300/monthly. Houses and taxes are even more ridiculous.

NC is growing fast while still maintaining a low housing market. I now own a home, make more than I did in NY. I also have a washer/dryer and a dishwasher in my house!

Man, that's nuts. The prices are about the same here in Southern Ontario, so I know that feeling for sure. I'm glad you found a spot you like!

Man, that's nuts. The prices are about the same here in Southern Ontario, so I know that feeling for sure. I'm glad you found a spot you like!
    I was VERY interested in living in the Vancouver area, unfortunately my husband didn't think the job market for his field was good there and he said the housing was as expensive as New York.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast