With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animation Character Designs for Last Evolution Kizuna

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmon View Post
    The great irony being that these were the elements that made both Adventure and Adventure 02 the hits that they were. Not that I would trust them to produce an interesting interpretation of the digital world (the worldbuilding for the digital world was offensively bad in any follow up season since, in my opinion) or to represent the digimon as characters in an interesting manner, but it would definitely make more sense if more focus was on them since it would be an easier way to produce more interesting scenes.
    I always feel it was the focus on digidestined (and their personal conflicts) what makes Adventure the big hit it was. That's why the human characters in Digimon Adventure are so popular.

Don't misunderstand me, the Digimon and the Digital World were interesting, but the Digidestined were the main focus.

Quote Originally Posted by clanc View Post
    They look so much better than in tri.!!
    Who's the character designer again?
    i think the original character design from adventure.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    I always feel it was the focus on digidestined (and their personal conflicts) what makes Adventure the big hit it was. That's why the human characters in Digimon Adventure are so popular.

Don't misunderstand me, the Digimon and the Digital World were interesting, but the Digidestined were the main focus.
    The series was definitely about the kids but I think that the digimon being extremely central in both the emotional resolution of each kid's issues and functioning as hosts to present the digital world to the kids and the viewers was part of the charm/magic of the show for me.

Ain't got no mojo... NeoDarklight's Avatar
    Gabumon and Biyomon look like they were blown up a bit. They look a little fuzzy, and a little too big compared to the other Digimon pics.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    hmm...it seems to me that those digimon partners photos are taken off wiki page or something....they don't really look updated like Tai & Co...

Looks like they decided to remake the existing ones, for a nostalgia trip I guess (or laziness lol)

eg:

Adventure:

and the new one:

they did the same for Tri a well, actually.

so yeah, all three use the same base "pose" (and its pretty much the case for all 8). there's some other art as well for the other series of them doing different poses though, so perhaps we'll get some more "animated" ones for this movie later on.
    Last edited by Muur; 07-07-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Cleaned up and expanded the news. Added profile translations thanks to onkei.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... PietroHades's Avatar
    I will miss the palmon and the piyomon's eyelashes, Agumon is a strange blend of Adventure and Tri designs. By the profiles, with everyone so busy, it seems to be another Taichi's movie.

I did not expect Yamato to go to Graduate Degree, but it is cool to see considerations towards that level of education and it makes sense that the 4th year would consider this. Not sure what Koushirou will do, but his profile is great. Takeru's profile is perfect.

They look much better than the previous designs. And than in Tri.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Something I find interesting are all the references in these profiles to “incidents” involving Digimon. I wonder if we’re to take it that Digimon have been appearing in the human world between Tri and the time this movie takes place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast