With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna - Release Date and Trailer

Nah that would be pointless now that we have so many Omegamon types. I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe BlitzGreymon or some new above ordinary mega level WarGreymon. Seeing the digivice it looks like some kind of Golden digimon form

The light off reminds me of a countdown. A countdown to apocalypse?

About the villain, I'm hoping it's Daemon
    Last edited by Tyilinmon; 07-09-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmn View Post
    Nah that would be pointless now that we have so many Omegamon types. I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe BlitzGreymon or some new above ordinary mega level WarGreymon. Seeing the digivice it looks like some kind of Golden digimon form

They did once say Merciful Mode was designed to be gold at first. Time to reuse that design!

Add Notus on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyilinmon View Post
    The light off reminds me of a countdown. A countdown to apocalypse?

About the villain, I'm hoping it's Daemon
    While I find Daemon a cool villian, he's more a 02 enemy and would feel weird if the 02 cast is put aside again.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmn View Post

They did once say Merciful Mode was designed to be gold at first. Time to reuse that design!
    Gold Merciful Mode with a Taichi head instead of a MetalGarurumon head for the cannon hand it is.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Oh boy, that title. Looks like it is time, once again, for 🌩 the End of DIGIMON 🌩.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Hahahahaha. Ew.

Honestly I’d like it if Merciful Mode split back into upgraded versions of its eight constituent ultimates — maybe angelicised, maybe Omegamonised, but please, God, make it something interesting. Maybe that’s why they’ve still released very little information about Merciful Mode: this movie is going to show him off in full splendour, and even if they’re introducing new forms in this movie, if it’s via partition then Merciful Mode himself is still technically the highest form, and they’d want to save all his secrets for this. From all the emphasis on Taichi, though, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was just a new evolution for Agumon, or maybe Agumon and Gabumon, whether individually or as a fusion.

I agree that it would be weird to use Demon. We could do Devimon though. Despite being the evolutionary root for three of the franchise’s most memorable high-level demons, as those have all been sculpted into their own pseudo-characters there’s ceased to really be a digimon that’s just ‘Devimon’s ultimate’. He could use one.

Although with the BnWG–looking hyperspace tunnel it’ll probably just be Diavolomon again, which would fit if this is supposed to be to Tri kind of what Our War Game was to Adventure and especially if it’s going to introduce some new Omegamon.
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 07-10-2019 at 12:04 PM.

They never said Merciful Mode was designed to be gold, it's kind of the opposite in fact.

Watanabe thought designing a new Omegamon was unnecessary and initially declined the idea, so they were going to simply have Omegamon be upgraded into a gold colored form. As development was happening on the 6th movie Watanabe realized he was wrong, and that a color swap wouldn't have the impact needed, so designed Merciful Mode.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    Just doing a color swap to Gold? What is this? Kamen Rider? heh heh ...He is right though.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I'm positively surprised about the trailer so far. I kinda dig the "Last Evolution Kizuna" title, it really feels like a proper finale and has more personality than just a word like tri. series. Besides, I like the fact that they didn't use 6 different versions of 'Butter-fly' as we were used to and the fact that there's a new Digivice going on, it proves they are pandering nostalgia but at the same time they are really trying to aim something different, more meaningful this time. My kudos to the animation in the PV, not only because they blended perfectly the original and tri. artstyle, but because the frames seem fluid and natural this time around, and that's a lot compared to its predecessor product. My only complaint here are the dialogue lines, they have gone around the same idea of growing up in tri. so many times without properly arriving to anything that it just feels unnecesary, forced and repetitive. I really hope they show us a proper product for 'Digimon fans' as they claim with more action development and less filler drama, or at least not in an incosistent and problematic way, at the time I prefer to keep my expectations low.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234