With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna - Release Date and Trailer

I come from the net
    I'm extremely interested. I wonder how this will turn out. That's going to be a long wait though.

It looks great. Only real worry is that it's mostly gonna be Tai and Agumon action

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalguy View Post
    It looks great. Only real worry is that it's mostly gonna be Tai and Agumon action
    I was thinking about this too, but it makes sense that we would only be getting a Tai and Agumon showcase as part of such an early piece of promotion. It was like this with Tri too if I'm not mistaken, and then they didn't take up all that much of the actual air time overall.

Personally, as much as I'd love to see various other characters get focus, I think the movie is more likely to be good if it is just focused on Taichi and Agumon. There's only so much that can fit well in a single film.

Finally watched it. Animation style looks great! I'm glad they don't seem to be totally dropping the introspective nature after Tri, I thought that was one of its better aspects. Definitely looking forward to it. Hopefully a dub announcement soon!

Surprised not to hear butter-fly play haha

I think it'll come full circle, as the end and the beginning being similar. At least, I think there'll be a scene reminiscent of the first movie that helped launch the Digimon Adventure series. https://prnt.sc/obvron

Ain't got no mojo... NeoDarklight's Avatar
    Interesting. More specifically, the phrase "Our Last Evolution". I don't recall there ever being a time in Adventure where the Chosen Children referred to Evolution to themselves in the context of the Digimon evolving, except perhaps that one time in the original with Yamato wanting to evolve himself, not literally, but as an analogy for personal growth. This time, however, it really doesn't seem to be an analogy of that sort. They may very well have a Matrix Evolution happen in the movie.

Also, the phones reminds me of how the Tamers switched to smartphones in place of their original Digivices in the incomplete script for the proposed Tamers sequel, and it may well be in reference to that, possibly as a stealth tie-in of sorts. Alternatively, they just really liked the idea and yoinked it. Personally, I like the idea of the Digivice being separate. A physical manifestation of the bond between a human and their Digimon partner just seems kind of sacred to me, and really, going full-in on the phone thing just seems like an odd choice.

I wonder if we're getting Diablomon again. He was the Adventure and 02 closers, it'd be kinda fitting for him to be the closer after Tri too, not to mention his name drop at the end of that.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    I wonder if we're getting Diablomon again. He was the Adventure and 02 closers, it'd be kinda fitting for him to be the closer after Tri too, not to mention his name drop at the end of that.
    Oh, God, I hope not. No Leomon, no Wizardmon, no Myotismon, no Diablomon, no Digital Kaizer, no Dark Masters, please. Parrotmon and the hundredth form of Omnimon that we are inevitably getting (and at a stretch Genai because his presence might mean filling in some gaps regarding the several big questions that Tri left unanswered) is enough nostalgia already. They'd better focus more on telling a coherent story this time instead.

Don't get me wrong, they could always make a good story involving Diablomon too, I guess, but I wouldn't trust them to. I'd rather they feel compelled to make us care about a situation that we have no prior impression of/opinion on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast