With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna - Release Date and Trailer

Junior Commander
    Is this translation accurate?

"Taichi. Taichi, will be we together when you become an adult?"
    "This is Taichi and Agumon's last adventure."
    "Agumon, we will be together forever."
    "I definitely won't forget the adventures with you"
    It's in the comments section.

Follow KiriGuy On Twitter
    Ooooh looks good, can’t wait.
    I hope Crunchyroll is gonna post it on day 1 like they did with Tri or it gets a worldwide release on the 21st, Lets hope the UK gets a theatre release this time

I loved Tri, but it's kind of a relief to see how similar this looks to Our War Game, hopefully with fights closer to that than Tri's. All this sad ending looking stuff is gonna be a bit funny in retrospect when they stick to 02's ending and everybody's still together with their digimon. Can't wait, next spring sure is starting to get loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but the animation style looks brilliant and that many feels are likely to be had. Interested in the smart-phone Digivice concent, makes me wonder what happened to the old Digivices after tri.
    I am willing to bet they will at least be selling phone cases to make your phone look like Taichi's new Digivice.
    And I will absolutely buy one.

The subbed trailer is here.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    That title is ridiculous lol. It look beautiful though.

Quote Originally Posted by JLazeZ View Post
    The subbed trailer is here.

They region locked it, rude.
    Last edited by Muur; 07-07-2019 at 02:24 AM.

I think this last evolution could be an official introduction of a new level in Digimon franchise, at least as a promo for many more to come in future installments of series. A really great way to wrap up the Adventure series

Just let us hope it's not like Tamers ending with closing down of Digital world for outsiders

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmn View Post
    I think this last evolution could be an official introduction of a new level in Digimon franchise, at least as a promo for many more to come in future installments of series. A really great way to wrap up the Adventure series
    At best, it will be the introduction of a new level of Omegamon that every digimon can evolve into.

I got Our War Game vibes too which is cool and all but please no more homages and more original stuff. Also, I might be alone here but I wish we'd get some kind of involvement or at least a completely different movie with the 02 kids. It's high time we got some development for those too, especially if one thinks all the plot holes and missed opportunities in 02...

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    I wonder who the villain will be.

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    You know, that part with Agumon and Taichi saying "this is our Last Evolution" followed by Jogres Evolution double helix makes me think they're going to fuse just like Matrix Evolution. So, if there's a new form it might not be an Omegamon but some kind of new Greymon. Sure, one of those "Jogres lines" was blue like Gabumon's line, but Taichi is also wearing blue clothes the entire trailer. The new Digivice also has a double helix on it and, funny enough, three triangles that remind me of the Zero Unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    Interested in the smart-phone Digivice concent, makes me wonder what happened to the old Digivices after tri.
    They probably stayed the same until now. The new form might be an upgrade to allow some new power (maybe the "Last Evolution"?), just like the D-3 was made to allow Armor Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    There are 17 wedges of light coming out of the Digivice, which is kind of a weird number. Had it been 16 the connection could easily be made (especially with the intertwining gold visual representing a kind of bond) that there's one light for each chosen and a second one for their partner Digimon. 17 would still work out if the last one is Meiko while Meicoomon isn't represented to due already having bitten the dust.
    And then one of the lights extinguishes... It would be very exciting if some characters would get actually killed off and cause some proper drama, but would the writers have the balls it would take to do that? Unfortunately I'm doubtful.
    Given how it has a clock pattern and that light is roughly in the place you would expect the first clock number to be in, I think it's some kind of countdown. Maybe it's counting the number of times they can evolve now or something, but there's certainly some kind of stakes to it. Remember that the first line in the trailer is basically "since you're an adult, does it mean we can't be together anymore?" and Oikawa said in 02 that the Digital World seems to reject adults (which tri. kinda ignored but whatever). All the original 8 are now adults (which, since the first announcement, I feel like was the reason they did a 5 year timeskip this time instead of the usual 3, so that even Takeru and Hikari are out of high school), so maybe there's a threat they may be forced to separate from their Partners FOREVER, THIS TIME FOR REAL.

Maybe the 17 lights are a countdown for the time until they are forced to separate, or the Digital Gate closes again, or Parrotmon is coming to take all the Digimon away from them or destroy the Chosen Adults. If the last one sounds weird, remember that Crossmon's profile says its duty is to annihilate invaders that enter the Digital World, and it evolves from Parrotmon. But anyway, seeing how Adventure is generally more character-centric than plot-centric, the 17 lights are probably a countdown that involves personal stakes for everyone, and the dialogue in the trailer kinda hints that the main stakes somehow involve separation.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 07-07-2019 at 08:39 AM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast